mother's day

ahhh, mother's day.  a day of rest and relaxation...

ha!  not when your the mom of three crazy kids.  as i am typing this i have one dumping out the toy box (in my room, yes, we have a toy box in every room of this house and surprisingly enough, it's not nearly enough space to hold all the stuff!), one using my leg to practice climbing trees because apparently my legs are the size of tree trunks (inside joke but still...) and one singing/crying herself to sleep in her bed calling my name, mamamamamamamama.  like i said, a day of rest and relaxation.  but as much as i would love a day of this rest and relaxation i hear of i wouldn't trade my life for anyone's.  is it always easy being a mom?  no.  at any given moment i am worrying about what will be next for my kids, will they have a good day, will they make the right choices, will they be ok, am i doing a good job raising them, are we making the right choices?  it's exhausting being a mom.  but i feel like it's the best thing i've done in my life.  i have three kids here on earth and one in heaven who are the most amazing things God could of created for me.  i was chosen to be their mom and even on days when i wonder if i will make it to the next i know that carson, cooper, brooks and shelby were meant to call me mom and i am beyond blessed for that.  happy mother's day to all the moms out there.  especially to the one who showed me how to be a mom.  i wouldn't even know where to begin had i not had such an amazing mom myself.

my three loves.  two sweet little boys and one precious little girl who completes our family.



my favorite.  these three keep a smile on my face no matter what is going on.

Comments