pregnancy has fried my brain

all i know is this baby girl better come out a genius.  she has sucked up all of my working brain cells and i'm afraid i won't ever get them back.  in the last 2 weeks of carson being back at school i've forgotten to pack his lunch in his lunch box, forgotten his book bag, and forgot to send in paper work for the clinic.  i also messed up his therapy times that we've been going to at the same time all summer long.  and best of all, as i was trying to order a hamburger from five guys i forgot the word for mustard. i told the guy i wanted a cheese burger with catsup and...and...um, the stuff that goes with catsup.  you know, it's yellow?  he looked at me like i was crazy and said, "mustard?".  no, not crazy, just pregnant. and yes, i would like mustard.  i sure hope i regain some of these missing brain cells after she's born.

and speaking of the baby girl she's doing good (knock on wood) so far.  i'm 32 weeks now.  thankfully, it's been an incredibly mild summer and i've felt pretty good the whole time.  i'm still getting my shots once a week but those will stop at 36 weeks and we'll see how much longer i stay pregnant after that.  so really, the countdown has begun.  i'm frantically making lists of things that need to be done and since i can't really do too much it all falls on andrew.  good thing he's as handy as he is.  we've basically turned our house upside down and still have more to go.  next up is getting her room all ready.  right now it's more of a storage room/holding room.  here is a picture of brooks "helping" andrew as he installed another shelf in the closet for me.  something tells me i'm going to need a little more space for clothes with this one!

he was fascinated with the laser level
b helping

and of the subject of my sweet little b, he is starting to sense that his time as the baby is soon ending.  he is being so clingy and needy with me.  he also clings to my stomach all day long talking to the baby and giving the baby kisses and hugs and telling her how much he loves her...while she's in my tummy.  i ask him if he'll love her this much when she's here and i don't really get a response.  he's always loved babies so i'm hoping that will trump any displacement feelings he may have once she's here.  i don't know if any of you remember but carson wouldn't even look at me or brooks for 2 weeks after he came home.  we'll see what happens!

here is how i spend most of my days...this was the last weekend at the lake before school started.  brooks was literally glued to my stomach.  
b

Comments