what i learned from friday

just like most everyone else, the shootings in connecticut brought me to tears.  for the parents and families of those sweet babies and for the teachers who did everything they could for their students.  it literally makes me sick to think of what went on at that school, a place were kids are supposed to feel safe.  i send my own kindergartner to school with the hopes that he is safe and happy.  and as i waited for him to come running out to me i couldn't help but think of those parents who won't be seeing their babies come running to them anymore.  my heart hurts for them.  i pray that God is holding those sweet souls tight in heaven and that the person responsible for it is burning where he belongs.

as my parents drove off with my two boys on saturday i had to jump out of our car and tell them just one more time how much i love them.  life is precious.  every single second.  above anything else, i want my boys to know how much i love them.  every minute of every day.  to the moon and back and infinity and beyond.

sweet brothers






Comments