summer is almost over

it breaks my heart to type the words above :( summer is over in two weeks and i am so sad about it.  for the last five years and few months i have been dreading the day that is quickly approaching us.  on august 6th carson starts kindergarten.  i have been so anxious waiting for this day to come that i am making myself sick.  i know, i know, he will be fine.  carson usually adjusts well to new situations but boy am i nervous, beyond nervous.  he is still so tiny in my eyes and schools around here are so big and my biggest fear is that he will get lost and be scared or even worse, get picked on by other kids.  deep down i know that he will be just fine and that everyone will love him just as much as everyone who knows him does.  i just have to find a way to make it through august 6th without having a nervous break down!

at least brooks and i have a few weeks after carson starts to prepare for the next big change...this mama is going back to work.  what?!?  you read that right.  i am going to be teaching a 3 year old preschool class at the preschool carson went to and were brooks goes.  when they called and asked if i would consider it i thought, "why not?"  it will give me something to focus on while carson is at school all day and brooks will be in the classroom next to me.  for those of you who didn't know me before the blog i was a third grade teacher before having my own kids.  i never thought i would be ready to go back to teaching but i think that this opportunity came along at the right time.  let's hope it gives me enough to focus on so that i am not constantly worrying about what carson is doing!

for now, we are trying to enjoy the last two weeks of summer we have left ~sigh~

boys

Comments

Kristen said…
That's awesome about your job! And even better that Brooks will be in the same building. Good luck to Carson...I know he will do great! I have until the 10th to be anxious...