may 21, 2012

it's the one day each year that i dread.  it's the day that we said goodbye to our sweet son, Cooper.  i wouldn't trade my two boys that i have now for anything but i would give anything in the world to have it be three boys.  not a second goes by that i don't think what our lives would be like with him here.  five years ago our lives were changed forever and the pain that we felt that day never goes away.  the hole in my heart for him never will get smaller but life goes on and i have two busy boys to keep me occupied, especially on hard days like today.  thank God for them.  funny how that works, i get so angry at God for taking my child too soon but in the same breath i thank him with all my heart for the life we have with our boys now.

so, even though today is a very hard day for me i will celebrate Cooper and the 40 days of life he had here with us.  i will see you again, sweet son!  until then i will squeeze my two that are here with me a little tighter today...




Comments