kindergarten interview

we had carson's interview with buford city schools today. in all honesty, i don't know how it went. don't get me wrong, carson did great. he was such a charmer and he rocked his assessment, he even shook the principal's hand when we left and told her it was nice to meet her which was so sweet to see. my main concern is that they will think that they won't have all the resources to accommodate him. the thing that we like most about this school system, the fact that it is small and has a "small-town" feel to it may be what keeps us from getting in. because they are smaller they may not have the people employed to give carson some of the "extra" help he may need.

i can hardly believe that we are already here and thinking about kindergarten. i have a lump in my stomach and a tear in my eye thinking about my sweet little 1lb 15oz micro preemie walking into kindergarten in just a few short months. way back, almost 5 years ago, our pediatrician said to me, "he'll be just like all the other kindergartners walking into school in no time." i did not believe her. i did not believe that he would walk and i did not believe that time would go by so fast and we would be at this point. well, here we are and wouldn't you know it...he walked in by himself to that school today like any other kid. he amazes me every single moment of every single day. they would be fools not to accept him. where ever carson ends up, i know that's where he is meant to be. however, we really liked the feel of the school we were at today and would greatly appreciate thoughts and prayers for carson to get in...i'll keep you posted!


check out this kid...how cute is he?
photo

Comments

M. Congleton said…
I will say a prayer for the best place for Carson. you are right- they would be fools not to accept him, but he will end up in the right place for him.
Big school is scary! I cried and cried when my Christian started kindergarten- she didn't skip a beat walking in on the first day, but I was a nervous wreck! I still feel too young to have a child in 'big school'!!
hope you don't have to wait too long to find out!

you're a great mama!
Mallory