we're back

finally! i finally have my computer back. it's running smoothly, for now. this is my second hard drive in less than a year and the 4th time i have had to restart. it's taken me all day long and i am exhausted (not because of the computer but because monday's are busy!) but i had to post about the start of school.

both the boys started back to school on the 7th. it killed me that i could not post about how that went, if you can't tell, i'm still bitter about my computer. anyway, andrew and i both walked to boys in to the their classrooms on the first day. carson was super excited to start, which was so great to see. he walked himself in but then put the brakes on. it was like he realized what was going on once he was inside. he really only teared up for a few seconds then pulled it together and had a great day. what a difference a year makes! carson will go to school monday-thursday this year. it's already taking it's toll on him. he is sacked out by the end of the day but we love his teachers, ms. dana and ms. helen and his gwinnett county teacher ms. jennifer. they are so sweet and loving with carson and that makes school so much fun for him. he already came home singing chicka chicka boom boom telling me that all the letters fell off the coconut tree! i love when he loves school.

when i came back on tuesday to pick carson up he was too busy singing and dancing with the class, touching his toes and jumping right along with all his friends. it's amazing to see how far he has come, even since last year at the beginning of school, let alone since he was born! he amazes me every day.

this year was big because not only did carson start school but so did brooks! i was not sure how this would go. brooks is my little sidekick, it's been the two of us hanging out for the last 2 1/2 years. he always sees carson get out and go off to whatever activity it is then we go off and do our thing together. it's an understatement to say that he is attached to me. the first day parents could stay for about an hour to make sure the kids were settled and then leave. brooks walked in his room attached to my leg. he's ok as long as he knows mom is there with him but this was all new to him. he really stayed to himself or in my lap, he would wander off a few steps to play but would retract back to me almost immediately. the funniest part was every time one of his teachers would come over and talk to him he would close his eyes! i guess he thought if he couldn't see them they weren't there.

after about an hour it was time for me to leave. it was like b could sense that i was about to leave him and he attached himself to my leg again. he also made sure to have a death grip with his teeth on his "Oh" there was no pulling that thing out of his mouth. one of his teachers peeled him off me and i blew him a kiss and he reached for me and ran out the door. it broke my heart to leave him but i knew not to go back. i didn't hear his cry as i was running towards my 4 hours of freedom or as i was driving away, alone! alone in the car to listen to what ever i wanted, not having to take orders from a 4 and 2 year old for just a little bit. don't get me wrong, i missed my buddies. they are my life but a mama needs some alone time once in a while.

after my few glorious hours i headed back to get my guys. i went to carson's room first but he was busy having fun so i went down to get b. he came running to the door telling me all the things he did. "mommy!! i played blocks, i played cars, i ate my lunch, i have fun mommy!" he was so happy and was without his "oh" according to his teacher he put it in his book bag half way through the day and didn't ask for it again. his teachers said he had a fantastic day and never cried. way to go b! i knew he could do it ;) we walked down to get big brother who had an equally great day accompanied with compliments from everyone who knows carson from last year about how well he is doing and how amazing it is to see how far he has come. all in all a very positive day for both boys. we are now on our second week of school and started carpool today. carson got out like an old pro today. we'll see how brooks does with it tomorrow. he was pretty adamant today about not getting out of the car. he kept telling me that carson gets out but brooks stays with mommy. yikes, we could be in for it tomorrow.

here are the pics from the first day of school. they aren't the best, they were shot in haste and behind my watery eyes.

last year...
IMG_1534

this year!
DSC00334

carson in his new preK 4's classroom
DSC00338

DSC00339

b in his 2's classroom
DSC00343

love the look on his face. what am i doing here?
DSC00347

this was his look almost the entire time
DSC00344



Comments