and he's off

we dropped carson off for his first day of school this morning. he did so good! he was so excited to be there he didn't even notice me leaving (which was a bit hard for me). we stayed outside his door for a few minutes just to make sure and andrew peeked in a few times for me and he was doing great. i heard from one of his teachers about an hour later that he was all smiles and loving it! thank goodness. i must say as we were driving away i had a pit in my stomach but now that i know he is fine, i feel great. this is going to be so good for him. i also thought, i have to post some pictures and videos quick, there are a lot of people out there who have cheered him on from day one. you all have been there through it all and without all of your prayers and support, we would not be where we are today. so thank you. thank you to each and every single one of you for continuing to check in on us. i hope you feel as triumphant as andrew and i do. we couldn't be any prouder of our little guy today!







here he is before we left for school. i had a really cute plaid pair of shorts with a matching shirt but then realized it is gameday! auburn plays mississippi state, mississipi if you are an alabama fan ;) tonight so of course we had to sport our orange!


his first homework assignment
andrew getting him out of the car. they're both super excited (andrew was doubly excited because he was leaving to go to the Auburn/Miss. State game once we got home, WAR EAGLE!)

the fish! carson LOVES the fish tank. we may have to take him to the aquarium soon.

he wanted to walk himself. he even told me, "put my walker on the ground mom" in a way it breaks my heart to see him having to use the walker but in another it makes me so proud. he is able to be so independent and he wants to use it now, which is good. he's so positive about things, i should learn from him.


Comments

The Cains said…
Go Carson!!! I'm so proud of you and your Mommy and Daddy! I have tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat at the thought of the leaps and bounds you have made since you were born - what a fighter you are! I'm SO glad you had a great first day of school and that Mommy and Daddy made it through it too:) Love y'all!
The Solomons said…
yay carson!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so proud of him...and ya'll! What at wonderful thing to see....it's so great to see Carson taking this next step. Kudos you mom and dad for doing such a great job. Lucky boy!
Aunt Suzanne said…
What a wonderful entry to read. I am so touched by Carson's success. He has a wonderful, supportive family who are cheering him on and teaching him to exceed each day. The best part of the entry was seeing the video. It demonstrates his excitement.
HOORAY TO ALL OF YOU!
Aunt Suzanne
Gary and Summer said…
carson, you are one amazing little boy! congratulations on your first day of school, so very exciting. lauren, hope you are holding up well ... it is NEVER easy to leave your babies, even for a few hours!