Labor Day 2009

We spent our Labor Day as usual, at the lake. We had a nice relaxing few day with beautiful weather. Andrew went down to Auburn on Friday night for the game so I took the boys and headed up on Thursday. It was a weekend filled with good friends, food, drinks, boating, golfing (for the men), a little shopping (for the ladies) and a little bit of good news and little bit of bad...so what do you want to hear first? I'll share our good news. Don't worry, I am NOT pregnant! But, Carson did start standing up from a sitting position on his own! He just did it one day at our neighbors house by their pool. Chris and I were just talking and Carson was playing on the pool steps and around the pool. He got in to a squatting position and just stood. He looked at me like, "what, I can do it if I want." I was so excited and he continued to do it all weekend. Now, I know some of you are thinking, he's 2 almost 2 1/2 shouldn't he be doing this by now? Well yes, but he has had a rough time learning to stand and walk. It's been a S L O W process. There have been times that I have thought he would never get it, I would be carrying him all his life. But then he does something like stand up on his own and I get my hope back. He WILL do it, just at his own pace. We are so proud of him!

Alright, now for the not so good news...Andrew called me on Friday and told me he had lost his job. I felt like someone punched me in my stomach. How could one more bad thing happen to us? I had a rough time on Friday wondering what in the world we were going to do, but woke up Saturday with a different perspective. Just like all of our other trials we have to try and find the positive in a horrible situation. Andrew now has the chance to find something he really enjoys doing and he can spend some time at home with me and the boys helping out. I can't dwell on the negative. Is it a good time to be looking for a job, No, but can we take this opportunity and better our family, YES! My main worry was our insurance. Both our boys have those dreaded prexisting conditions. Meaning we can not get an individual insurance policy. We have to have a large group plan otherwise insurance will not cover either of the boys. So as of now we will be on COBRA and can have it for the next 18 months and hopefully by then we will have something figured out. So, if you all could say a little prayer that the perfect job falls in to his lap I would appreciate it! So as not to leave on a bad note here are a few pics from the weekend. I didn't do such a good job taking pictures but I did get a few...


Watching US Open Tennis on Papa's chair.



Posted by Picasa

Comments

brindisi family said…
I've been following your blog for sometime now through Allison, and just wanted to say you guys remain in my prayers. my husband lost his job in april and it ended up being a bitter-sweet, blessing for us! we were living in seattle at the time and even though we didn't want to leave, we are now back with our family and friends which we are loving AND it gave my husband 2 months at home with me and our girls which, after we got over the shock, was wonderful. it gave him a little sneak peak into life as a stay st home parent :) we've been on COBRA as well as Medicaid so I know how hard it can all be - especially the paperwork!! BUT it worked out for us and i know it will work out for you, too!!
God Bless!
Jennifer Brindisi

Congrats on Carson's milestone!! what a great weekend :) soon his little bro will be chasing after him!
Rachel said…
Lauren--I'm so sorry to hear about Andrew's job! James lost his job about this time last year, and it was just like you said -- like a blow to the stomach. I hope he can find something he likes soon. We'll be keeping our fingers crossed for him.
(and congrats on Carson standing!)
Love,
Rachel