We Got the Funk...

So Brooks caught some kind of bacteria/virus today. He had some diarrhea late last night and threw up early this morning. They sent some cultures and it came back showing bacteria. So, they have moved him to an isolation room for precaution. It's actually better because it's a little quieter and there is a nice chair for me to sit in. The nurse told me it really isn't a big deal but just to make sure to wash up before and after seeing him.

They also turned off his milranone, a heart med, and started giving him an oral med one that he may go home on. The tentative plan is to move him off of CICU tomorrow after removing his last two heart lines. Then I will be able to hold him! I am dying to just pick him up. He did give me some really good smiles today. I thought I would never get to see that happy face again. However it didn't last long because he has not pooped today :( Poor kid was passing some of the worst gas I have smelled in a long time. So the goal of his nurse tonight is to get him to poop. They can hear bowl sounds and he is passing gas but nothing else and he seems uncomfortable, who wouldn't be?

I was also told that there may be another echo done soon...ugh. I get myself so worked up because I am just so worried about his little heart. We were so devastated last time when there was no significant change. In reality, I know that it will take time for his heart to improve but I so desperately want him to exceed their expectations. He looks so good from the outside I just want the inside to catch up. I will be patient though and let him go at his own pace.

Keep praying for a strong heart!

Comments

Avery Tales said…
Poor Brooks, as if the little guy doesn't have enough to deal with! I sure hope that tummy starts to feel better fast. I'm so glad to hear that he'll be moving out of the CICU soon. Jeffrey and I say a little prayer for him every morning and night. :)
Uncle Lawrence said…
Dear Lauren and Andrew,
We hope that the echo-gram provides good news. We will look for your post.
We are so glad you are now able to stay with Brooks. That will mean so much to him, as it meant so much to Suzanne when we stayed with her for each of her 10 days in hospital.
Love, Lawrence & Suzanne