Monday Update

We have moved to the step down unit today so I am back to sleeping in the hospital with Brooks. I love being here with him but boy do I hate trying to get any rest in this place. I feel like just when I think it may be quiet for a minute someone comes in to check something. We are also right in front of the main doors to the unit and we hear them opening every time someone comes in!

Brooks is doing good. We have now baffled the entire medical community with our pneumothorax. Even his surgeon, whom I consider a very intelligent man, is not really sure how this could of happened. Leave it to one of my children to be the one exception to the rule! Anyway, they have left his chest tube in for now. They will remove it tomorrow and watch him for a bit and then do another chest x-ray to make sure they do not see anything. I'm going to tell them to get out a magnifying glass this time. It better look crystal clear before they send us home again. I don't think my heart can take another ordeal like this again! Hopefully we will be out of here by Wednesday. Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers. Keep them coming for a strong heart!

Comments

Avery Tales said…
Lauren, I'm so glad to hear that he's improving. I think about you guys so much and pray for you often. I hope that everything goes smoothly and that you are all able to live as a happy family under one roof again very soon.
CalmDownDear said…
So pleased that Brooks is improving. Hope you get him home again very soon and he quits giving you scary moments.

Jackie x
Mum to Emily, 15, ALCAPA
Glad to hear that you guys might be back on your way home again very soon! Still thinking of you guys often and praying for your baby boy!
Unknown said…
Lauren--
It's Linsey's friend Kris from Elk Grove. I just wanted to let you know that we are thinking about and praying for your entire family. You guys have been through so much!! I'm amazed by your strength.
Take care,
Kris