Brooks Update

He is now resting comfortably in the CICU. He really gave me (another) good scare today. I actually think this was a bit scarier because I now know about his heart condition and what stress can do to it. Thank goodness for the wonderful EMTs that came to the house. They were awesome! I was a ball of nerves trying to remember everything and they really calmed me down. Thank you so much!

So we were told that what happened "really never happens this way." We have know come to the conclusion that those words do not apply to us. Brooks had what is called a pneumothorax. Somehow he ended up with an air pocket that eventually caused his lung to collapse. This probably happened at home this morning when he woke up so upset. They can not tell us why it happened but it is fixed. We got a lot of second glances as we came back in to the CICU. It was like, "Hey, didn't we just discharge you from here?" I will say they were excited about the "treats" Aunt Barbara and my mom have been making them. We know that we would get the best care there no matter what but it never hurts to suck up!

I'm off to bed seeing as I have been up since 1 am. Please pray that Brooks continues to heal, his heart and now his right lung as well...

Comments

Kenzie said…
Lauren-

I'm so sorry that y'all have been through all of this scary stuff with Brooks. It is just so crazy that none of that was detected and yet, y'all made such an awesome decision to take him in and get checked out. Praise God that you that have such great wisdom and discernment! I'm sorry that you are back in the hospital again with such a tiny little guy... I can't imagine all the emotion that you have been through just these last few weeks. Praying for Brooks and y'all as you continue to trust in the Lord for His provision and full healing.

Blessings,
Kenzie

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7