Brooks is 4 Months Old

My little guy is 4 months old today. I can not believe that for 3 1/2 months of his life he was struggling with a heart defect that we had no idea about! I got to spend the night with him for the first time last night. I was expecting to be up all night with him but he really slept pretty good till they came in at 4:30 am to draw blood! Poor kid was sound asleep and then BAM, wide awake and screaming. Some of his doctors came around this morning and said they would probably do another echo today at some point. My stomach hit the floor when she said that. I am so terrified that they are going to tell me something bad. I think she saw the look in my face and asked if I was OK? I told her how I felt. I'm really nervous. His tiny heart had to work so hard and I'm afraid there has been too much permanent damage. She was very good in calming me down and telling me that the heart is a muscle and it can repair itself over time...not to get to hung up on numbers for now. I'm still nervous. In fact, as I type this they just came in to do the echo...please pray for positive results and a strong heart! I will report back as soon as I hear...

Comments

The Cains said…
Lauren, we are praying his heart is pumping more efficiently. Hope you all get great results!!!!! Brooks is such a fighter!
praying for you to get great results!
Joanna said…
Hi Lauren & Andrew,
Great news! I hear that Brooks is coming home today. We're very happy for you and hope that he continues to get healthy and strong. Lots of love,
Joanna Hess