Back to Egleston...

This morning around 5:30 I had to call 911 for Brooks. He was having trouble breathing and was inconsolable. He would not take his bottle or paci and was not acting like himself. The paramedics got to our house in record time and assessed that they could not hear air in his right lung so they loaded him up along with me and took us back to Egleston. We found out here that his right lung has collapsed. This can be a complication from having surgery and chest tubes but it usually happens 24-48 hours after surgery. A tube has been inserted to inflate his lung and he is stable. We are back in CICU. Needless to say I was a nervous wreck. We haven't been able to see him yet but I will post an update ASAP. Please pray for my son.

Comments

My whole family is praying for your son and for you! You are truly an amazing women and a strong mama! Kristen Nagel
Betsy said…
praying right now for you.
CalmDownDear said…
So sorry to read that you've had to go back to hospital with Brook. Thinking of you all and hope to hear better news very soon.

Jackie X
Mum to Emily, 15, ALCAPA
Unknown said…
Lauren, I'm praying for you and your family. Beth
Keeping up with our prayers, but said extra today for Brooks in church. Hope he is back home again VERY soon!!

Lisa & Uncle Mike
Jodi Kearney said…
Lauren & Andrew,

The whole Crawford family is praying for you and your little guy. I know this is a set back to his recovery, but keep your faith. Brooks is a strong little boy and looks so happy in his pictures. I know you have endured more than any mother should ever have to Lauren, but you are strong and determined and never give up. I have seen those attributes in you on the tennis court and know that you give them to your children 110%. I love you and am constantly thinking of you. If you need any help or anything at all, please let me know. Jo:)