At Home

I am posting this from home! Andrew dragged me out of the CICU and brought me home to see Carson. It feels so weird to be at home and not have my little guy here with us. It is so good to see Carson though. I have missed him so much. I love seeing his smiling face and hearing his sweet voice again. It's been so nice because my Aunt Barbara flew in on Wednesday and as been here taking care of Carson so that our parents don't have to worry about it while Brooks is still in intensive care. THANK YOU so much Aunt Barbara!!! Also, thank you so much to the Powell Family who dropped off a bag of goodies for us. They have been in our exact shoes not too long ago and thier little girl Georgia is now doing so well and is such an inspiration for Brooks.

We also have had so many visitors to come and see Brooks that I can't even keep track. Daniel and Ashley, KC and Renata, Philip and Stacy, Uncle Stan, Diane, several members from Peachtree Road United Methodist, Peter Hand, Trey Sigmund, Ms. Yvonne, Christy...the list is so long. We want to thank everyone so much for stopping in, dropping food by our house for Carson and anyone staying here, sending flowers and cards. The amount of love people have shown is mind blowing. Some of you have asked about sending cards and such to Brooks, once he is moved out of intensive care I can post an address with a room number.

When we left Brooks today he was resting comfortably. They had mentioned maybe trying to feed him today PO (per oral) but his breathing looked a little labored so that was put off. They had to up his flow from 5 to 10 and give him a steroid treatment. By the time we left he was back down to 8. Baby steps. That's how I have to look at his recovery. One step at a time...off to play with my buddy! Oh how I have missed him!

Comments

The Solomons said…
I'm so glad to hear you are able to see Carson. We are still praying every day