Sorry for the Delay in Posting

So sorry, I have received many e-mails and texts wanting to know what is going on...things are better than they would have expected at this point! He is doing some really amazing things for a kid who just had open heart surgery 24 hours ago. He is off one of his blood pressure meds, Epi, and they will start to ween the second one, Dopamine, through out today. They are also weening his vent support and possibly extubating tonight/tomorrow. I happened to be at his bed when the surgeon stopped by this morning and he was pleasantly surprised with the progress he is making. He just doesn't know how strong Hess boys are ;)

They are going to do another EKG (? not sure if that is the one or not but basically a heart scan) tomorrow to check the function of the artery and valve. This will tell them a lot. We need prayers that the scan looks good and that his little heart is starting to look more normal. From that point they can start working on getting him off some heart meds and moving him out of ICU. That is our next major goal but we have a few steps to complete before we get there.

I want to thank everyone so much again. I just can't say it enough how much we appreciate all of you. We have had people bring us food, drop off gifts, offer their homes to us and even a tennis friend of mine has compted ( I have no idea if that is even how you spell that word) us a room at the Emory Conference and Hotel Center for this Friday night. I am amazed at the generosity of people around us and am proud to call you all family and friends.

Comments

Gary and Summer said…
what wonderful news! prayer works and all of those Hesses are strong. :) we will keep them coming.
I am so happy he is doing well. You are constantly in my thoughts and prayers. I check your blog often to see how he is doing. If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know.
Lisa and Will (and Daniel, Nathan, and Emily)
Lauren,

Your blog helps us keep in touch with how things are going: not only for Brooks, but also you! Thanks for sharing as you do. We are SOOOO happy that the news is good! (But then after the 100+ prayers that have gone your way, how could one doubt?) We will continue to send extra prayers your way. God REALLY blessed your boys we he gave them to you -- only a special mom could handle things as courageously as you have!! (Don't ever doubt your strength -- you have endured more than most moms ever could!)

Though far away, you help make us feel closer. Thanks for keeping all of us out-of-towners so up to date. Our prayers will continue...

Love, Lisa & Uncle Mike
Jodi Kearney said…
Lauren....keep being strong! You are a wonderful Mom and your children know how much you love them. Brooks is a precious baby and he will continue to fight if he has half the will and determination that you do. I love you and my prayers for all of you will continue. Please let me know if there is anything you guys need.
Unknown said…
Lauren,
I have beeen checking the blog 3 times a day for an update on Brooks. I have my prayer team on-going. Thank you God for great progress. We won't let up! We appreciate the updates.
Lynn Thomas Ayers (Cedar Creek buddy)