Going to Bed

I'm calling it a night. Brooks has had another good (dare I say great) day. He is so strong for being such a sick little guy. Tomorrow will be a big day for him. They will try to start weening his vent settings with the idea of extubating (pulling the breathing tube out) soon. That is only if he tolerates the CPAP trials tonight. We called once already but they had not done one yet so we will have to wait till the morning to find out. They will also order a heart echo tomorrow to see the progress his ticker is making. This is very important. This probably won't happen till late morning and then we will not hear results for a few hours so we will be on pins and needles waiting to hear. Pray for strong lungs and a repaired healing heart tomorrow. I will post after we are able to go in and see him around 10 am...

On another note, Carson is doing great. He is such a laid back kid and I am so proud of him for being able to handle all the change in his little world right now. He sometimes gets a little weepy asking for me but all he needs is a few M&Ms and his blanket (which he stole from Brooks) and he is fine.

Ok, off to bed...

Comments

Mandy said…
Thank you so much for your updates Lauren. I have so many friends and coworkers asking about you all and praying for him. I wish we were closer so we could visit or help you all out in some way. I would love to give you a big hug for support from one mom to another. Especially because our kiddos are pretty much the exact same age (both of them). I hope you were able to get some rest last night, I know today will be a big day. Good luck and God Bless!!!
I will see you both later this afternoon! And I gotta tell you, I am so happy to hear about Carson and that blanket...I know that you told me that it was officially his now, but when I saw it in all of the photos, it was just too sweet - I am glad that it is a comfort for him right now...who would have known? Tell Brooks I promise to get him another "replacement" baby blanket when he gets out of the hospital!