Guess Who's 2 Months Old...



Oh, oh, pick me! I'm two months old!


Ah, the life of a 2 month old. It is true what they say, all the do at this age is eat, sleep and poop. However Brooks is not too good at any of the three. He (like his brother) is not a very good eater. Great, now I have 2 kids who I will have to force to eat! He still is not sleeping but 3 hours at night before getting me up, and well...the third thing causes him some discomfort so he's not too happy when he has to do it. So, life at the Hess house has been a bit stressful. Nothing we can't handle but hopefully this next month brings improvement in at least one area!

As for the "big" guy, he was used today in a physical therapy training class. His PT recommended him to be used to demonstrate because he does such a good job with her. I was so nervous that he would not cooperate but he was a star! The first 5 minutes were questionable but after he got used to the group of about 20 physical therapists staring at him and the instructor whom he had never met, he really showed his sweet personality. He worked really hard for an hour and I was so proud of him. I could really tell he liked having all the attention, what a superstar!

This is a busy week for us with some doctor appointments coming up. The most important one is with a neurologist at Children's on Wednesday. Carson's PT wants him to get botox injection in his legs. Somehow the botox relaxes his muscles which will allow him to walk easier on his own. Please pray that the appointment goes well and that we get his botox treatments scheduled as soon as possible. His PTs seem to think that once he has this done he will be off and running. I've been really patient and tried not to put too much pressure on him or me to get him walking. I know that it has to be when he is ready, but he is SO close but just needs a little bit of extra help and I'm hoping the botox is the answer. I'll keep you posted!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Avery Tales said…
I hope the botox treatment works. I'll be thinking of you guys. I can't believe Brooks is already 2 months old!! Wow how time flies!
The Cains said…
I'll be praying for you guys -- I know every 3 hours is exhausting! Hang in there....I bet in a few more weeks he'll be sleeping through the night!!
M. Congleton said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
M. Congleton said…
Lauren
I love keeping up with your blog.
your boys are adorable and you are an incredible mom.
Mallory
Suzanne said…
First, we LOVED the birth annoucements. So much is happening with your family and there will always be some sort of challenge. Botox for the legs, now he will really have those youthful legs that the young gals will love.
How exciting everything sounds from slip 'n slide to PT star!
We all hope that Brooks will improve in all the areas you mention, especially regarding the sleep. We also want it all to happen TOMORROW, just as you do.
Passing on a lot of hope for all of you.
Love, Aunt Suzanne & Uncle Lawrence
Unknown said…
hey!! i have heard lots of good things about botox for this. i will keep my fingers crossed-carson will do great!