Botox Appointment

We had our botox appointment yesterday. Let me just say that if I have to hold my child down for one more procedure I will loose it. I am pretty tough, it comes with the territory of having a micro preemie, I can take shots, blood being drawn, etc. But when I have to physically hold down my baby while he looks at me with fear and pain I can't take it. Thank goodness it was only two shots because I would of had to pick him up and run out with him if it were more. I know this will help him and will benefit him in the end but it was pitiful. I wish I could take the shots for him because I would do it in a heartbeat. Fortunately, the ear piercing screams only lasted 5 minutes or so. As soon as I gave him a big bag of M&Ms he was fine! My little trooper. It should take about 48-72 hours before we see any effect and then 2 weeks or so for it to peek. Depending on the kid you go back every 4-6 months or so to have it done again. Please pray this is our answer! Little man needs to start walking on his own!

Comments

Rachel said…
I think both of you were brave! You deserve some M&Ms, too. :-) I will keep my fingers crossed for you and hope he starts walking soon!
The Solomons said…
Hang in there. Bless both of your hearts! Give him all the M&M's he can eat! :)
Kenzie said…
I've been thinking about you guys and wondering how he did... I'm so sorry it was hard- for both of you! Praying that this will help his legs get some additional strength so he can start walking on him own soon! What cute pics of the boys!

Blessings,
Kenzie