Happy Mother's Day

Another Mother's Day has come and I couldn't be happier that I get to take part in the day. I may have mentioned before, but I love being a mom. From a very early age I knew it was what I was supposed to do with my life. I have been blessed with three beautiful boys, two here with me and one waiting for me in a better place. It's taken a while but I know that I have been given each one for a reason that only I know. I thank God everyday for my three miracles and for the lessons I learned with each one and will continue to learn every day.

As I look at my life now I realize just how different it has become. I love how now my dishwasher is filled with sippy cups and bottles where just a few years ago it would be filled with wine glasses and beer glasses. I love that my living room is also a playroom even though there is a room designated for that. I love that my bed if filled with the crumbs from my son's daily breakfast that he likes to eat while sitting with me in bed. Even though I miss sleep greatly, I love the tiny newborn cry I hear calling for his mom at 4 AM. I love how all my phones, remotes, etc now have a permanent stickiness from little fingers playing with them. I love seeing the progress my son makes, beating all odds stacked against him. Even though I miss hearing my music in the car I love rocking out to Mickey Mouse clubhouse and Handy Manny every time we go somewhere! I love being Carson, Cooper, and Brooks's mom and I will love it every minute of every day of my life!

Happy Mother's day to everyone out there who is one. I hope you all love it as much as I do!

Comments

The Cains said…
Happy Mother's Day Lauren!!
jill harris said…
Your comments are inspirational! Your boys are so lucky to have you as their mom. You have definitely reminded me to be thankful for my three wonderful blessings every day!
Miss you!
Betsy said…
amen friend!

nothing like humming a little handy manny tune throughout the day :)

happ mother's day, friend!
Avery Tales said…
What a wonderful post. You are such a wonderful Mom and your boys are precious. I hope your Mothers Day was full of giggles, hugs and lots of love.