Busy Weekend

We had such a busy weekend I don't even know where to begin. Friday we took Brooks to the doctor to have his jaundice level checked. Before we left the hospital they thought he looked a little "yellow." Fortunately his pediatrician thought he looked fine and just stick him in the window to catch some rays over the weekend. He was also back up to his birth weight of 7 lbs. He had dropped down to 6 lbs 7 oz before we left. Other than that he checked out A-ok! He has been such a good baby so far. He has only been getting up twice in the night to eat and sometimes I have to wake him up for one of the feedings. Not too bad for being 6 days old. Let's hope that trend continues.

Saturday we had the annual Powell Easter egg hunt and Carson's 2nd birthday to celebrate. This was our first go around at getting two children ready and let me say it is not easy. It took us some time to get both bathed and dressed and put in the car with all of their stuff. Once we did all of that we were off to the egg hunt. We got there just as it was starting and when I put Carson down to pick up some eggs he looked at me and reached up with both arms and said "up?" I think he was a bit overwhelmed by all that was going on around him. This egg hunt is not your typical throw some eggs in the yard and find them. There were 4900 eggs that were dispersed over the massive lawn. Children were running everywhere gathering as many eggs as they can. Once Carson realized that there was candy inside the eggs then he started pointing to some for me to pick up for him. We had such a good time and want to thank the Powell's for inviting us, it was awesome!

After that we headed home to celebrate Carson's 2nd birthday. We had both sets of grandparents and both aunts to help us. Good thing, because by this time I was pretty worn out myself. I have to keep telling myself that I just had a baby and can't do it all. So I pretty much sat on the couch and let everyone else take over from there. Carson got so many great presents and this year was really cool because he recognized his gifts and was super excited. I feel really bad because I had a little picture video thing started but with all that went on last week I never got around to finishing it. I can only do so much!

After all of our busy activities Easter Sunday was a lazy day for us. It was such a great weekend celebrating so many wonderful things. We also let some balloons go honoring my sweet boy who isn't here with us to celebrate. I know he is looking down on us smiling and celebrating. Here are a bunch of pictures from the weekend, they are a bit out of order...

Birthday boy!

Aunt Megan

Because Brooks came a few weeks early Aunt Cameron got to be here for Carson's birthday!

Happy Easter!
Carson was not happy about the small thing that cries being in his picture!
The Mickey cake Aunt Megan made!
Carson with all his "guys" Manny ,Pooh, and Mickey
Manny!!

He LOVES Manny
With Aunt Meg
Checking out the horsesStylish guy
Papa and the Chick-fil-A cow.
Papa and the Easter Bunny. Carson was not too sure about this guy?Mommy and Carson. Excuse the glazed look on my face, I am still on pain meds from the C-section!
And because he is so cute...

Comments

Adrienne said…
Those last two photos are cracking me up. Brooks and Carson have the same "deep thoughts" scowl on their faces!
Happy birthdays to all of your little boys!
Unknown said…
Lauren, Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you. Because Carson was born on my wedding anniversary, I thought I'd check in and see his b/day pix! What a delight to see Mr. Brooks has joined the family. Carson will (one day) be a great big brother! Sending you love, love, love!