Sunday Afternoon

Not too much going on this week or weekend. We had beautiful weather here this weekend and I "tried" to take Carson out in his little push car for a ride but I have lost all of my stamina and after two laps around our cul-de-sac I was pooped! I have no idea how I am going to get back in good enough shape for a round of tennis! I will say now that I am almost 33 weeks and have spent the last 10-12 weeks of not doing too much I am ready to get my booty off this couch and do something! That should be super easy with a 2 year old and a newborn, right? Anyway, here are some pics and videos (long overdue!) of the little man from today. (A little disclaimer before you see them though. I took it upon myself to "trim" Carson's very unruly hair. Big mistake. He now looks like Jim Cary from Dumb and Dumber. I guess I got a little carried away and he wouldn't really sit still. Once it grows out I promise to see a professional to get it fixed!)

Carson has taken to carrying around two coins that came with a little piggy bank. If he can't find one of them he keeps saying "uh oh, uh oh" till he finds it!

You can see he is standing in these two pictures! He does have on his braces which help give him some support. He is also taking some steps on his own now too! His PT says before long he'll be running around the house. Great! Just in time for the new baby. Seriously though, he has been working so hard on his walking and we are so proud of him. He will walk pretty good as long as he has a finger to hold on to and you can see the excitement in his eyes as he does it. Just like most everything else, just when I am about to give up and think he will never do something he surprises me and does it. Basically, he is just stubborn and wants to do things his way and right now crawling for him is just easier but look out because when he does figure this walking stuff out he will be out the door and we will be right there behind him cheering him on!
Some of the words Carson is now saying. We've gone from saying things once or twice to repeating them over and over till he gets what he wants! Personal favorites of his are cookie, more, bubbles, and his newest favorite...keys. And not just any keys, they have to be the keys he wants otherwise he pushes them away and says "no." Ahhh, the joys of an almost 2 year old brain!





Excuse the ever growing baby belly. I will be 33 weeks this Wednesday! Only 6 weeks to go!




Playing with our favorite toy before bed, Bo!

Comments

Unknown said…
great pics and videos! you are doing great, can't wait to see the little guy!
The Solomons said…
all of these are great...I cracked up when I read the comment about his hair....He is precious!
Aunt Suzanne said…
I don't know what I liked the most, the video showing the bubbles or him crawling over Bo. It seems like you must have the most amazing dog. I know the good tretment will continue after the little one comes.
We are so happy that you are at 33 weeks. Congratulations!
We know you will regain stamina soon, and will have so much fun with your new little one.
Counting down to a new type of fun, and a safe delivery!
Love, Aunt Suzanne and Uncle Lawrence
Gary and Summer said…
lauren these are all so great! carson seems like he has such a sweet spirit. hang in there these last 6 weeks!
Rachel said…
I laughed out loud when you were getting him to talk!
Say "Mama"
Mama!
Say "Bubbles"
Bubbles!
Say "Cookie"
Cookie!
Say "Shoes"
Cookie!
No, "Shoes"
Cookie!
I laughed so much James wanted to know what was so funny!
He is just wonderful! I loved watching him crawl right over Bo, too. You have an amazing dog. :-)
Glad to hear you're at 33 weeks and still going strong--stay well!
Love,
Rachel, James, Dash and Phia