Sick Mama

Sorry for not posting in a few days. I have had a horrible cold for the last 10 days that I can't seem to get rid of. And with not being able to take any kind of medicine it's not getting better. Then Saturday morning I woke up with an extremely painful earache. A quick trip to the CVS minute clinic showed that I had a pretty bad ear infection. So, now can I not breath I also can not hear out of my right ear. At least the pain went away with some antibiotics. Here's hoping that I start to feel better soon and can get some pictures up of the little guy.

Also, in case you were wondering, I am almost 35 weeks! I never thought I would make it this far. I only have one more week to go and I can stop the terbutaline pump and the monitoring, whooo hoooo! I really need to thank my mom for all of her help. She has really put her life on hold to come out and help me almost every day. Thanks Mom! I guess that just proves that your babies will always be just that, no matter how old they are! Also, Andrew has really been a trooper. He has put in some real daddy time with Carson at night while I monitor/rest. He so graciously taught Carson today to respond to "What does Mommy say?" with "nag, nag, nag." Real funny!

We only have a few more weeks as a family of 3. I'm not sure what I am going to do with a 2 year old who is still learning the ropes of walking and a newborn. It will be just my luck that Carson will learn to take off just as this baby comes home. Oh well, I guess I'll do what mothers have been doing since the beginning of time, learn to deal with it and do the best I can! I promise to post some new pictures ASAP.

Comments

Rachel said…
I hope you feel better soon! Being sick and pregnant is no fun at all! I'm so glad you're almost to 36 weeks--it's just incredible. You'll do great with two little ones and before you know it you'll wonder what life was like without the new one. Hugs to you and your mom, Carson and that funny man, Andrew! :-)
Love,
Rachel, James, Dash and Sophia
Aunt Suzanne said…
I'm not sure what day you started the anti-biotics, but hope you are feeling better NOW. Wouldn't it be funny if the next baby comes late? We don't expect that, but isn't it great to be able to joke about the possibility now that you are at 35 weeks. Congratulations. It's strange how we make associations about days. Soon you will be making an association about the birthdate of your new son, and that will be one we are all waiting for.
Are you ever lucky that your mother lives so close. Cheers for Andrew as well!
Love, Aunt Suzanne & Uncle Lawrence
Adrienne said…
I had that same cold (minus the ear infection) All I can say is thank goodness for Tylenol PM! It is your friend. One more week and you're home free!
The Cains said…
Feel better soon! And YAY for you and 35 weeks...you are SO close!!! WAY TO GO!!!