Growing by Leaps and Ounces!

We had a check-up on Tuesday and in 2 and a half months Carson has gained...ONE OUNCE!!!! Are you kidding me? One stinking ounce? This could be due to the fact that Carson feeds Bo just about everything we give him. I have tried every trick in the book to get this kid to eat and nothing works. The little bugger has figured me out and I officially give up. Tonight I let Andrew feed him M&Ms because it was the only thing he would put in his mouth. Some days he'll do a better job and actually eat something of substance but more often than not he runs the show! Maybe this next boy will be a better eater???

He also didn't grow any longer so his doctor just chalked it up to the fact that he is doing so much and always on the move. Hopefully between now and his 2 year old (oh my gosh he will be 2!!!) check up he will have a growth spurt. She said if it isn't nailed down or won't run away from him try to get him to eat it!

I'm also 30 weeks today! Now the countdown can really begin. Andrew worked super hard this weekend and got all the furniture put in to the new baby's room. He even humored me and moved all the pieces around a few times until I was happy :) Now all we need to do is get it painted and decorated, at least I'll have something to do to keep my mind off staying pregnant for a few more weeks!

Comments

Avery Tales said…
Congrats on being 30 weeks!!! I'm so excited for you guys!! Can you believe you only have 6 more weeks to go until you're "officially" full term? I'll keep those prayers going.
Aunt Suzanne said…
Well, the little kid continues getting cuter and cuter. I remember how hard it was to get Andrew to eat as a little kid, so perhaps he is like his father this way. Since the doctor didn't say he is mal nourished, he must be ok, but it is hard when a child doesn't seem to eat the way parent's think the child should eat.
We are so happy that you are at 30 weeks, and hoping that you get as close to 40 as possible.
Love, Aunt Suzanne & Uncle Lawrence
Wrenda Crain said…
What a miracle that you have surpassed the 30 week mark, managed for Carson to gain ONE ounce and Bo to gain TEN lbs. in 6 months ! We're in prayer that Carson will be two when his baby brother arrives.
My friend took those fruit rollups & wrapped them around fruit. Maybe Carson will go for that.Perhaps
he would drink Fruit Smoothie Milk Shakes.
Carson's antigue car is a Classic. What a blessing to grow up surrounded by so many family & friends who love him & pray for him constantly.
You'll probably grow exhausted as you gain more weight in your pregnancy so remember, "Those who wait on the Lord will renew their strength. They will run & not grow weary. They will walk & not faint. They will rise up with Wings of Eagles. "