Oh, What A Day

Wellllll, about 2.2 seconds after posting the previous post I started having some pretty regular contractions. So after a call in to the doctor's office I was sent to the hospital for "monitoring." Of coarse all I can think of is how last time ended up, it was the last time I saw my house for a month! As soon as I got there and got checked in and hooked up my feeling of contractions were confirmed. And they were fairly regular about every minute and a half. However this time I could finish the nurses sentences for her...If my contractions didn't stop I would have the breathine or troubutaline ( I have NO idea how to spell that) shots. If that didn't work then next would be the magnesium (yuck!). Most of the decisions would depend on my cervical ultrasound. So we waited around for that to happen and the only difference this time around was the response of the ultrasound tech. Last time = uh oh, don't move a muscle! This time = wow, this looks like a great cervix! So, very long story short I ended up with one round of the shots to "calm my uterus" as the doctor put it and orders to come in any time I felt any contractions on a regular basis. I guess as long as they are not changing my cervix they are not too concerned. I still have my doctor's appointment for tomorrow so I will let everyone know if anything changes. Thanks for the prayers and thoughts. Keep sending them!

Comments

kmd said…
Hi Lauren and Andrew, I am one of Cameron's college friends and I just wanted to let you know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Betsy said…
lauren and andrew ~

sending prayers your way!
thinking of you guys!
Rachel said…
Glad to hear they got things calmed down and your cervix is cooperating!! We've all been thinking of you here in Ohio and sending you all the 40-week karma we've got!
Love,
Rachel, James, Dash and Sophia
The Cains said…
Glad to hear things are very manageable at this point. Hang in there...I can't imagine what you are feeling, but I'm thrilled that your cervix is doing its job. You are all in our prayers. Love, Megann