Merry Christmas

My gift from my doctor today was the news that I will be receiving a device that will be like a little pump that diffuses medicine continuously to stop contractions. Woo Hoo. A nurse is coming to our house tomorrow to show me how to insert the pump. I will also have a contraction monitor that I will use twice a day that sends a report to a nurse in case I am having more contractions and need to administer more medicine. Need I remind everyone that once upon a time I was in nursing school but changed my major because I kept passing out due to the sight of needles. So this should go over well. I did talk to the nurse tonight and she reassured me that it is really no big deal and very easy to master. I'll believe it when I see it, but if it means no more trips to the hospital then I'll do anything! And on a better note...




Andrew and I are so thankful for all of the amazing blessings in our lives and the one who is watching us from above. We hope everyone out there has a very Merry Christmas!


Comments

Stephen said…
For what its worth, ya'll are an inspiration. You've used the opportunity God gave you very well. I know a little fella that is very proud of his mom, dad and brother.
Unknown said…
Lauren, this is exactly what I had when I was pregnant with the twins! It's called a t-pump. Its no big deal,the needle is def. not big. I hate needles too,but I tolerated this fine. I had to fax over my contractions 2 times a day after monitoring for an hour. My only word of advice is to listen to your gut...the night before I had the twins, I was feeling contractions less than a minute apart and kept sending them over and the nurse would call me back telling me she only saw 3 or 4. So, don't take the nurses word for it every time!
Email me if you need to ask any questions! Good luck!
Lauren,

I just read the last few posts and got caught up on your pregnancy. I will definitely keep you in my prayers for many weeks to go! Have a Merry Christmas and take care of yourself.
Avery Tales said…
Merry Christmas to the entire Hess Family! I'm assuming you'll be using Matria? I never used the pump, but did take the brethene/terbutaline every 4 hours. I monitored twice a day. My Matria nurses were wonderful! Most of them have been through a high risk pregnancy so they can really relate to your emotions. I sat and cried on the phone with a nurse for two hours one night.

I'll continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Try to relax and have a great Christmas!!
The Cains said…
Lauren,

Merry Christmas! What a gorgeous family you all are! We pray that this machine will be just what you need to keep mommy and baby safe! Many blessings in the year to come.