Check Out Carson's New Ride

So my parents had this really old push peddle car in their basement for the past 20 some years. It was really rusted and beat up and a nice pale yellow paint job. I think my mom said she paid $2 for it in a garage sale. Fortunately for us my parent's neighbor, Mr. Dye, restores old cars for a hobby/living. He does an amazing job and is known all over for his work. Since they are also just like a set of grandparents to Carson, DeDe and Big Paw as they are known, when my parents asked if Mr. Dye could "fix up" the car a little bit he went all out. Before I show the picture let me just say that I think Andrew was more excited about the car than anyone else. He has sat in our living room on display since Christmas Eve. We can hardly wait to see Carson and Baby Hess driving it around the tailgate at an Auburn game! Thank you so much Mr. Dye!



Checking out his new ride, it even has a custom upholstered seat b/c the original wasn't cushy enough!
Awesome!Carson actually got several new rides this year. Gram E and Grandpa Phil gave his a sit and spin, Aunt Cameron gave him one of those cool cars that goes from us being able to push him to him using his own feet. And it is decorated with Carson's favorite Mickey Mouse! Also, he got a Radio Flyer rocking horse from parents who are known as Bunny and Papa. I didn't have my camera but here are some from my dad at their house.

Andrew and I dodged the putting together of toys this year but it looks like the grandparents did not!
All done!


Trying her out for the first time.
This isn't so bad. And you can see another ride in the background that the Dye's also gave us, this one will be at the lake for Carson to use.
With Mommy and her new dress and Ugg boots which I LOVE!
A kiss from my favorite little man!
Christmas was great this year! I was just glad to be at home with my family. We had a full house Christmas day with tons of great food, all prepared by everyone else! For Christmas Eve I was given my terbutaline pump. It was a real experience. I had to plunge a needle (it is a tiny one but still) in to my thigh. This took several attempts with me stopping just before doing in and coming up with a question/concern for the nurse. Finally, I just did it and just as she said it didn't hurt. So now I have a permanent attachment that gives me my medicine . It makes me a little jittery especially when I get my extra dose every 6 hours. So far it seems to be doing it's job, just a few contractions here and there. I have to monitor myself twice a day and then send the report over the phone to a nurse. Let's just pray that my cervix is still cooperating! I'll go back for an ultrasound on the 7th so keep your fingers crossed! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

Comments

skillethead said…
Doon,
Great photos!
Hey, I can get an old Morris Minor if Harold would like to come to NZ and do some work. I can offer room and board and great trout fishing!
Love,
Uncle Jeff
Lisa said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said…
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Carson looks like such a Big Boy! Those are great pictures--I always wanted a car like that...still do:-)

Tell Harold I'll add some great NZ wine to Jeff's offer!

Lauren, I'm so happy that the pump is doing its job! Ugg boots a are NZ thing…I love them, too!

Love,
Aunt Lisa
Avery Tales said…
That has got to be the coolest car I've ever seen!! It looks like your Christmas was wonderful. I'm glad to hear that the pump isn't so bad and that the medicine is doing it's job. I don't miss how that medicine made me feel, but it's not as bad as the magnesium! I'll keep praying for a full-term, healthy baby. I hope you guys have a fun New Year's Eve.
skillethead said…
Hi Lauren,

We're sending good thoughts from Dunedin. Just brought in the New Year!

Love,
Uncle Jeff