Doctor Updates

Carson had an 18 month (yikes!) check up today and all is perfect. Of coarse we are behind for his age, but besides that he is doing great according to his doctor. He is 29 1/2 inches and a whopping 17 lbs 12 oz!! But she is very proud of him so it's all good. I forgot to mention last week that we also went to the eye doctor and....Carson will be getting glasses! They are so cute and will help him see clearer, apparently he is nearsighted. Don't ask how they can tell, there was no little bitty alphabet chart to read or anything. His glasses should be in this week so as soon as we get them I'll post some pictures. Along with glasses he will also be wearing some little orthodics to assist in standing and walking. They're not forever and I was sad for a day but then came to the conclusion that if they will help him then it's a good thing. His PT thinks as soon as they are on we are in trouble because he will be off and running with the best of them! Of coarse I was picturing "Forrest Gump" style braces but they look nothing like that, I just got them in white so that we could decorate them ourselves, they will come to just below his knee and will fit in his shoes which will help because his feet are really narrow and we never can find shoes that fit. So that is about it for Carson...

As for me, I had an OB appointment last Thursday and the doctor decided for right now not doing the procedure where they kind of stitch me up to keep everything closed. I will be going in every two weeks for an ultra sound to check on everything which I was happy with. So everyone keep your fingers, toes, arms, legs, eyes, whatever you can think of crossed for a full term pregnancy!

Comments

Avery Tales said…
I will definitely keep you in my prayers. I'm glad to know that your doctors are keeping a very close eye on you and Baby Hess. :)
Wrenda Crain said…
You will be in my prayers for wisdom & discernment for your OB GYN to know exactly when you need the stitches to keep this baby bundle of joy protected for a FULL TERM pregnancy. There could not be a more adorable, loved, photographed & prayed for child than Carson!!! With glasses, braces, whatever it takes to help him grow... you & Andrew handle each challenge with such grace & affirmation. I claim for you this promise: "Times of refreshing come from the presence of the Lord. HE will keep at Perfect Peace whose mind is stayed on (focused on) Thee. " Love to Andrew,Carson,Bo, Baby Hess & You
Stephen said…
That kid is awesome. You're truly blessed to have been given the opportunity to show your strength and faith with him. He's an everyday reminder for alot of people that God is there and he's always with us.
The Cains said…
You guys are in my prayers. Carson will be precious with glasses....just think in a few months he'll be off and running! You are in my prayers as well...I pray the doctor will have the wisdom to do what is best at all times. And I'm a bit jealous that you'll get to see your baby every two weeks. These days since I'm feeling so much better sometimes I wonder what's going on in there:) haha. Take care, Megann