Busy Week

Phew! We have had a busy week. Between PT, OT, my doctor's appointment, getting adjusted to glasses and two of us (me and Carson, Carson being the worst) having colds I am wiped out! Poor kid caught some bug and has been snotty and can not breathe therefore he can not fall asleep for naps and bedtime. Which makes for a long day for mommy who also doesn't feel well. Ahhhhh, motherhood.

The glasses are coming along nicely. He no longer cries when I put them on but he knows how to take them off so if I am not watching they are on the floor, but as long as you distract him for a bit he forgets they are on.

As for my doctor's appointment, everything went great. The good thing about going every two weeks is that I get to see the baby growing which is really cool...and the ultrasound nurse was able to tell me with 90% accuracy what the sex is??? Who knew they could tell this early. I have a way I am going to "announce" it on the blog, I just have to wait for Carson to feel better. So hang in there, you will all know soon enough!


Happy Halloween to everyone!!
Just a cute picture, excuse the "I'm sick" look he's sporting.
Come back and check out what Baby Hess will be???


Comments

Betsy said…
oh i can hardly stand it!

we went today and had the nurse write it down on a piece of paper and it's been sitting in my purse since this morning......we only have 3 more months to go....not sure if we're going to "peek"
Aunt Suzanne said…
We are back from travels in Japan and I am back from Minneapolis so it was time to catch up on the blog. I think Carson looks very distinguised with his glasses. I can imagine how frustrating it must be for him to keep taking them off. At some point he will realize that they help, so that will be good.
Elliot needed to wear braces for a few months and they were made out of plaster. I got to take them off before they put new ones on, which happened a lot. They just didn't want to be using some fancy saw on a little tyke. It got easier and easier, so Carson's sound like they will be a charm to me! I know that it made a difference for Elliot long term and that is what counts.
I hope that both of you get well soon and that Dady doesn't catch what the two of you have.
Be well!
Aunt Suzanne and Uncle Lawrence
The Cains said…
That's amazing that they can tell this early! I'm so glad they are taking good care of you! Hang in there...you'll be feeling better soon!