Micro Preemie Victory

Yeahhhh! That's what Carson's OT and I were cheering yesterday as he reached a goal that was set for December! Want to know what it is...it's the ever so hard task of putting things in a container! I guess the act of releasing for a purpose is more difficult than just dropping or picking up. Two weeks ago when Ms. Kristen introduced it Carson looked at her like, "Why would I let go of this toy? I was playing with it." Then it was, "Maybe if I just stick it in the container then pull it back out without actually letting go they'll leave me alone." But yesterday he put the block over the container and let go! This caused both his OT and myself to cheer wildly which Carson loved, so he kept doing it over and over even once with lefty!!! So, fine motor wise we are doing wonderfully. It's the gross motor that we are having to work harder at, but we will get there on way or another. I just have to keep reminding myself that when babies his age were learning to hold their heads and and build muscles Carson was learning to breath. I'll end with a quote my pediatrician told me, "By kindergarten he will be even with everyone else."

Comments

Rebekah said…
Congratulations Carson! That's wonderful!
Itty Bitty Steps!!! He is doing wonderful!
The Cains said…
Great news!! Way to go, Carson!!!