Remember Those Quiet Restaurant Days?

Well, they are LONG gone! Between grabbing all the sharp silverware, sticking our fingers in every thing possible, reaching for every glass object, wanting to try everything I'm eating and then gagging on it, throwing our toys on the floor then trying to jump out of the chair to get them and tossing the menu I was exhausted! Lord help me when this child is walking. Fortunately the table of ladies behind us thought it was funny and not annoying. The whole time I was remembering when he used to sleep in his car seat the whole time we were out. However trying it is, I still think it is wonderful. We are just like other babies our age and that makes me feel great.

Also, in a small twist of fate we met a doctor who works with preemies the other day in the mall. I was sitting waiting on my sister to get there and this man came over to us. Now this was 11:00am at the mall, there were like 20 other strollers around. He said he just had to see the baby. When I told him he was actually older than he looks the man said he knew all about that, he was one of 10 doctors who was in his specialty. For the life of me I cannot remember what it was. Once he knew Carson was a preemie he asked me to hold his coffee for him while he played with Carson. He was so nice to him and kept telling him how good he looked and how special he is. It is so nice to hear that from a doctor who knows nothing about our story. Talk about fate in meeting him. He knew our OB and Neurologist very well so maybe I can find out what it is he does. Just thought I would share our chance meeting. I guess it shows God is all around, otherwise how would I have met this man! Keep praying for Carson and his MRI on the 28th. We are just hoping that he hit a growth plateau and there are no underlying problems!

Comments