Need Some Help

I need everyones help out there. Long story short: Carson will have another MRI on May 28 to check the plates in his head. They may have already fused together, which is something that we do not want. His head circumference had not changed much and I started asking questions and ended up with an MRI scheduled to check it out. Best case is that he just has hit a growth plateau these last few weeks so not much has grown. Worst case is that the plates have fused (craniosynastosis--I have no idea how to spell that) and for the love, will have to endure another surgery to break them apart! But that is the worst case. Neurotic me has been trying to measure his head the last few days to see if I can notice a change and have been stressing myself out to no end. Andrew gave me some good advice, darn him, he said why worry and waste time I could be playing and enjoying Carson until we know something for sure. He's so smart, that's why I married him. Anyway, I wasn't going to say anything but then I thought, No, I should tell everyone so that they can pray for him and hopefully everything will be OK. So, all of that being said...please send your prayers Carson's way. Specifically for no fused plates in his skull and an A-OK MRI. Those things make me so nervous. I will keep everyone posted as usual and until then will just enjoy my little guy an try to not worry myself sick! Thanks...


Side note: To all my teacher friends out there, "You can do it!!! Only a few more days to go!"

Comments

Aunt Suzanne said…
First, the photos. I love the one on Mother's Day. I also really appreciate seeing a bit of what the physical therapy looks like since it's quite different from what I imagined. Of course, the best is when he istuckered out after your tournament. BTW, congratulations. So glad that you are doing something good for yourself, and winning too.
On the 28th, we will be hoping and praying for good news regarding the MRI. I am hoping that you will have the results soon and can share them with this vitual community.
Happy belated Mother's Day. It's amazing to me how calm both of you have been through all of this. You are both positive, despite your anxities. We are so proud of Andrew for his support and wisdom, but then, that is who he is. What a great family all of you (and Bo) make.
Much love, Aunt Suzanne and Uncle Lawrence
Avery Tales said…
I will keep you guys in my prayers. Try not to worry too much, I know that's easier said than done. :)
The Cains said…
Lauren,

You've got it!!! We are praying for you guys--God is good--remember he will never give you more than you can handle--and believe me I know that's hard to believe sometimes. Please keep us posted. You are stronger than you think--and Carson is SUCH a trooper--he'll fight this just like he has everything else and come out on top!

We love y'all,
Megann
Lauren and Andrew,
I will be praying for you and for Carson. No one likes to hear that their child may have to have surgery, so I totally understand your being so worried. So let's hope the MRI has good results. You have a lot of friends and family praying for you!
Joelle
Rachel said…
All the good thoughts we can muster will be coming to you from Ohio!

I'm like you--I worry about all sorts of things and James always has to calm me out of it. Listen to Andrew and just love playing with that little guy all you can! :-)

Love from Ohio,
Rachel, James and Dash