Memorial Day 2008

What a great Memorial Day weekend we had! I am always sad to come home from this weekend. For the most part we had great weather and were able to be out on the boat most of the time. After hanging out with the neighbors Andrew and I realized we are not nearly as young as we used to be, but we tried! Here are some pictures from the weekend!


Carson on the boat.




Helping Pops drive the boat is a tradition for all the little ones in the family!
He's not real sure about the life vest but we all know the first rule of the lake, SAFETY!
Here is how Bo spent most of her time at the lake! She is terrified of the water (go figure, she is supposed to be a bird dog but oh well). She gets all the way down and tries to follow the bugs/leaves in the pool. At least it keeps her busy!





Andrew did his radio show from the dock. It was fun listening to all the guys chat. Andrew, Brian, Daniel, and Phillip were all on the show. BTW that is not me with the Georgia bag!!



Mommy and Carson listening to the guys talk on the radio. One day Carson can chime in too!



Funny story about this picture. Andrew, Megan and I had taken Carson down to the dock to take some pics in his new chair he got for his birthday. I was laying on the dock trying to get "the perfect shot" when about 2 feet away a snake slithers out from the jet ski covers!!! I FREAKED out and ran screaming to Andrew, "GRAB THE CHILD!!!" Notice how I did not go over and grab him. I am terrified of snakes and one slinked 2 feet away from me. I can't even type to words I was saying and thank goodness Carson can't repeat them yet. And yes, I know, the snake was more afraid of me than I am of it but I don't care. They just freak me out and I cannot stand them! Poor Carson was just sitting in he chair wondering why mommy was acting like a fool! Anyway, this was the shot I got a millisecond before the snake.

Mommy and Carson after I had finally calmed down. I think my heart is still pounding.

All in all we had a great weekend. Memorial Day is supposed to be a day where we remember those men and women who have lost their lives for our freedom. No matter what your belief or political view I hope you took a moment to honor them. We also will now always remember our tiny little guy on Memorial Day as well. We will use this day to celebrate him for the rest of our lives. Thank you so much for all the messages, cards, flowers, etc. Andrew and I greatly appreciate all of them.

We still have Carson's MRI scheduled for Wednesday. Please keep your fingers crossed for us!

Comments

Aunt Suzanne said…
Yes, you did get the PERFECT shot of Carson on the dock. I wish I knew how to clip photos from the blog. That would definitely be one of the ones I would add to my online photos.
So glad you all had a marvellous time. It just sounds like so much fun, despite the bit with the snake. (I am with you on fear of snakes as well).
We will be with you "in spirit" manana during the MRI. Please let us know as soon as possible how it turns out.
Best, Aunt Suzanne & Uncle Lawrence
Delaney said…
I was over at Scottish Rite this morning and stopped in Radiology to see if you and Carson might be there. They told me you'd just left, and I'd only missed you by a couple of minutes. :( I hope Mr. Carson got a good report! Love the pictures from the lake! He's so darn cute!

Delaney