I Didn't Want to Jinx It...

but I was playing in the finals of a charity tennis tournament with my doubles partner, Christy, today. I was afraid to post about it for fear we would loose but.....WE WON!!! It was a great match but even through the wind we persevered! We did play a friend of ours (and a parent of one of my very favorite former students who just happens to be a huge Auburn fan) and her partner and it was a very nice match, good tennis all around but fortunately for us, we came out winners in the end. It made for a good "first" Mother's day for me. Also, the tournament was for Children's Healthcare in memory of a little girl in the community. Now I have a much greater connection to this tournament since both boys were at Children's for procedures and Carson still goes there to see his neurologist. As of today the tournament raised over $45,000! Amazing.
Waiting for our Winner bag tag and gift card!
Champions!

After watching mommy and Ms. Christy win, being in the sun/wind, and playing with all four of his grandparents Carson was done! He barely moved when I took him out of his chair and put him upstaris!

Comments

Unknown said…
Lauren -

Congratulations on the tournament, what a great cause to play for. Happy Mother's Day - I hope you had a wonderful day because you certainly deserve it ;)

Renata