Last Doctor's Update

We saw the pediatrician last Friday but with Easter and all I forgot to tell everyone. Well, for Carson's height he is in the 50th% for his adjusted age! WoooHooo. For his weight......we're no where near the charts! Uh oh! We now add oil to his formula and extra powder to his food to add more calories. Carson has reached the stage where he is no longer interested in his bottle, he pushes it away. I have to force fee the child. I should have known this would be a battle. If you go back to June all of my posts were about trying to get him to eat. I just need to stay patient and get that oil in him. Everyone pray that he puts on weight! He needs to get on those charts.

We are also going to see a physical therapist today for an evaluation. I know that he will qualify I just get really nervous before we go to a new doctor. I am really hoping that this will help him with crawling and his upper body strength. He is currently trying to crawl but get frustrated and gives up then just rolls to where he wants to go! Ugh! I see other babies his age doing so much more and I tend to forget the 3 months he spent in the hospital. I had to e-mail one of his nurses so she could remind me. So again I just need to remember to be patient, if you can tell this is something I am not good at. Cross your fingers for a productive PT appointment and if you think about it pray for some patience for me! Happy Thursday!

Comments

The Cains said…
Lauren,

I hope the appointment goes well--I'm praying for you, Andrew, and Carson. You already have so much patience, you just don't see it in yourself! I Know he'll be on the charts and crawling in a matter of weeks. Keep up the good thoughts and hard work!

love,
Megann
Good Luck with the weight gain!! Kathryn has been on MCT Oil since coming home in December for her weight gain. Somehow, they seem to settle in to it and it doesn't bother them. Let us know if you have any questions - we've definitely been on that road!! (And still are.)

Kelly