Doctor Updates

Good Monday morning! Thought I would post and let everyone know that Carson's pediatrician update was good as usual, as my Foof (my dad's dad) would say: "He got all A's!" I always get a little nervous before going to the doctor but she seems to always put me at ease. I always go in with 20 questions and then forget to ask 19 of them! Dr. Putnam is amazed by Carson. I asked about him not using his left hand as much and she said he is just trying to rewire everything and as long as he does use it and it's not just hanging there then it's OK. And he does use it if we make him or once he has picked up what he wants with his right so I was OK with that. I also asked her about him tensing up when we try to make him do something, like crawl. She said he is one stubborn little guy and it seems to her that if he doesn't want to do something we won't be able to make him. I wonder where he gets that stubborn streak from??

The stubbornness also goes along with his not wanting to drink his bottle anymore. The doctor gave me the old, "He'll eat when he is hungry" answer which is fine with me. He didn't really gain much weight but he did grow an inch and a half! I just don't think he will ever have to worry about being over weight, too bad he wasn't a girl! We actually have to add some stuff to his bottle and his food to help him gain weight! Oh to have that problem...

Dr. Putnam was also impress with how feisty Carson was while she was checking him out. He was all over the place not letting her get at him. I'll have to say in the last few weeks he really has kicked it up a notch in his activity! But with that comes better sleeping. Since he is so active while he is awake, he wears himself out. That helped him learn to sleep in he helmet, which by the way, he has handled like a champ! The kid is not phased by anything!

Well there is my update. Oh yeah, I think I have fixed the "comment" section to allow anyone leave a comment, just in case you were one of the many who couldn't get Google to work with you. Got to go grab Carson now, he is trying to eat the cords to the camera!

Comments

Gary and Summer said…
Wonderful news Lauren! What a great report!
tracy ashley said…
I am friends with the Ellis family & have been reading your blog for over 7 months! My daughter was a preemie (29 weeks & 5 days), so I know how
doctor's appts can be!
You guys are inspirational and so blessed!
You have the cutest little guy!!!
Also--War Eagle from a fellow AU grad (95).
Great job Carson!! Good results at the doctor's office are always welcome. Keep growing and proving that preemies are miracles!!