Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Carson had a wonderful first turkey day. He wore some snazzy blue corduroy overalls with a plaid shirt. We would like to say how thankful we are to have such amazing family and friends who check in on us and continue to pray for Carson. Before heading to our first stop of the day Andrew, Carson, and I visited Cooper. This was the first time we have been to see him. I was really nervous about going, not real sure I was going to make it. But once we got there and out of the car I had a good cry but then as I was talking to him I felt very calm, like everything was OK. Almost like he was telling me not to be sad, that he was fine and well taken care of. Carson and I had picked out a beautiful white hydrangea plant to leave for him. We have some in a vase at home too.

After that we headed to Andrew's parents for some Thanksgiving lunch and then we headed to Cousin Dave and Kelly's for Thanksgiving dinner. We are stuffed, but it was all great food!

I do have some pictures from our day so once I get them on the computer I'll put them up. Thanks for checking in on us! Have a wonderful night.

Comments

Lauren,
Thank you for sharing that moment with us. I know it had to be hard going to see Cooper, and my eyes weld up just thinking of what it must have been like. You are so strong in my eyes.
I check your blog all the time and so does my sister in Raleigh. Thank you for regularly posting to your blog about Carson, your true feelings and your busy life!
Joelle
skillethead said…
Happy Thanksgiving from Kiwi land. We are celebrating today by having 23 friends and co-workers over for turkey. Kiwis don't quite understand pumpkin pie. They eat pumpkin all the time, but think it is a vegetable. Great to hear your Thanksgiving went well!

Jeff