I Know How They Feel

One of my sister's co-workers and his wife had a little boy at almost 28 weeks the other day. He weighed 1 lb 8 oz. When I heard how tiny he was it gave me goose bumps just thinking about what hell these two first time parents will be going through in the next few months. It doesn't seem fair that people like them and Andrew and myself have to go through what we did and what they will. I can remember being so excited to be pregnant. It's all I ever wanted. And then that excitement is replaced with the worst feeling of fear. As I said before, I would not wish that feeling on anyone. I know they named the baby Trevor so if you all would say a little prayer for him and his parents and for the long, long road ahead.

On a lighter note, my little guy is a genius. No really. I taught him a trick. When I stick my tongue out he sticks his out! It is the funniest thing to see. You can see him moving his tongue around in his mouth and then it kind of falls out. It's our new favorite thing to do!

Comments

Lauren,
I pray that this is his last surgery, too. I will also send good thoughts to your friend. This is so near and dear to my heart (as you well know). I'm glad he is doing so much better!!!!

Lisa
Wrenda said…
Lauren & Andrew,
Thank you both so much for creating precious Carson along with angelic Cooper & allowing we blog fanatics to live vicariouly through your joys, discoveries, excitements,mountains & valleys. I can just see Carson sticking out his tongue with a twinkle in his eyes knowing you delight in his every move! We Georgia Tech Moms gathered at La Grotta for a Grandmother's Party for Eileen. Now Carson REALLY has a reason to come visit Grand MaMa Hess!! There is truely so much good to celebrate and we'll all for no more complicatiions, to keep Carson putting on the lbs. and for this dear friend's new premmie's health & protection in our prayers.

The Word says that Jehovah, Lord God of Israel delights in you, that He is tickled pink with you. In Jeremiah 39: 16+ the Lord promises to deliver, save & rescue you. You will not give into,be handed over to,or allow to be dragged down by your "darling fear", the worst feeling of fear that you dread. Try to rest when Carson rests, pamper yourself & just spend one hour a day on chores. You've been through so much; slow down & live each day to the fullest as a gift, lavishing your love on Andrew, Carson, Bo & yourself.
Unknown said…
Hi Lauren,
Thank you for posting the updates. I continue to be at loss with words. To a parent, you just don't want to see your child suffer. I admire your strength and I pray that there will be true peace soon. School has started. I have one of your former students; real nice child. I am glad you are home though, to dedicate your time to Carson, Andrew, and have some nap time for yourself. You are truly missed at Jackson. We all think about you all the time. God bless you and take care. Good things do happen to good people.
Sincerely,
Nozomi
skillethead said…
Hey Lauren,
Lisa knows that trick, too! Glad to hear the surgery went well!
Love,
Jeff