Home Again

Carson is back at home! His surgery was a success. They took him from me right on schedule. By the way, never a good feeling to see your little one being carried off by a stranger! I pray I never have to do that again. They called to tell me the doctor was beginning and 15 minutes later called to tell me they were stitching him up! He came out of the anesthesia kicking but just a tad cold so he had to stay under some warming lights for a bit. I have the cutest picture of him all wrapped up being wheeled into his room on a regular sized stretcher. It was so cute! He was in a little bit of pain last night and then pulled his IV out and bled all over me. It took a while to find someone who could put an IV in such a little guy and then that took about an hour to actually find a vein and put the thing in. We didn't go to bed until 3 am. Poor little guy was just wiped out. For those of you who have kids, he was doing the "silent scream" where he would open his mouth, scrunch up his face and turn bright red but nothing was coming out and then all of the sudden, WAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH. I felt so bad for him. But this morning he was all better and really awake and alert. He has two incision sites, one above his right ear with about 10 stitches and one on his belly with about 6 stitches. As soon as I get the pictures put on the computer I will post them. Just wanted to let everyone know he is home and doing well...now I am going to take a nap!

Comments

Unknown said…
Answered prayers! Glad to know everything went so well.
Lisa said…
WONDERFUL news!!!! Hope the recovery is quick for all of you!
Love,
Lisa
Bridget said…
Ah yes...we know that "can't find the vein, IV scream all too well." Lucky for the kiddos...they'll never remember. I think we're more scarred than they'll ever be. :)

Glad to hear that all went well. I can't wait to see the little guy again! He is so precious!
As always, our thoughts and prayers are will you all.

Love Ya,
Bridget and Family
The Cains said…
I'm so glad that the surgery went well. Bless his heart-I'm praying for you guys and a fast recovery. Have a restful weekend,

Megann
Stephen said…
Excellent. The rest of his life is going to be a breeze compared to the first few months.
Zulema said…
Glad to hear that Carson's surgery went well and you guys are back home. We will continue to remember Carson along with you and Andrew in our prayers. We miss seeing your smiling face at Jackson. You will have to come by to see us and show Carson off.

Zulema