No Appointments!

We have no doctor's appointments this week! Everyone thought he was doing so well that we didn't need to come back for a week or two. We have family coming in town this week so I think we will pack up and go to the lake! We will have a packed house so I think Carson will be sleeping in a closet (just like Cousin Allison used to do!).

Carson has now figured out that when we put him down to sleep that is when he is supposed to SCREAM bloody murder. I haven't gotten much sleep the last few days. Andrew took him Sunday morning for me so I could catch a few hours. He even dressed him and did a nice job of it! Good thing he is a boy though. I would love to see him fix some hair one day :)

Besides the lack of sleep things have been pretty good. The last few days I have been thinking a lot about our Cooper. I really miss him. We haven't been back to visit him yet. I'm not sure I am ready for that. However, I'm not sure I'll ever be. Not something you think you will ever have to do as a parent. So far you all have raised over $3,500 in his name for the NICU. Thank you so much! We get a stack of cards in the mail every few weeks. I'm a bit behind on my thank yous, but I'll get to you! We want all of you to know how much we appreciate it. Some people have asked for the address again so I will list it below. Thanks, again! We love all of you.

Donations for Cooper Phillips Hess
P.O. Box 1184
Lawrenceville, GA 30046

Make sure to note the donation is specifically for the NICU.

Comments

Adrienne said…
I'm willing to sleep in the closet with Carson if there's room at the lake! (or *not* sleep due to the screaming as the case may be...)

Men and fixing hair is a genetic deficiency I think. One time I had tendonitis in my right arm so bad I couldn't bend it at all for several days. I asked Roger to put my hair in a pony tail and after 3 tries I finally told him to give it up. Sorriest looking pony tail ever! I mean, the man has 2 older sisters even! Oh well - good thing you have a little boy.

Sorry you're not sleeping these days. Carson is making up for lost time maybe? I loved the photo of Cooper's balloons your mom sent in one of her emails. That's great how much has been raised for the NICU, what a wonderful gift you have made through him.

Now quit reading blog posts and go take a nap!!

-A
april shafer said…
Lauren,

Carson just keeps getting cuter and cuter! I want to pinch his cheeks! I know you are so happy that things have settled, a bit anyway. By the way, you look fantastic! Beautiful as ever! Andrew and Carson are so cute sleeping on the sofa. Tell Andrew I said hi.

I will keep you in my prayers. I can't imagine having to grieve for my child. The grieving process is hard enough in normal circumstances. Anyway, you are handling everything with such grace and dignity. I know you are hurting and I hope that the pain of loss gets more bearable.

Try to get some sleep...Maybe since he's growing so much he'll start sleeping more soundly? I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Much love,
April
Hey!

The "middle of the night screaming" episodes can be very trying times. It is easy to get frustrated. But those days are over quickly. I really miss my "little" baby. You will soon move out of this and into something else - sometimes better and sometimes more frustrating. But ALWAYS wonderful.

We love you and are glad things are going in the right direction. You all deserve some peace from doctors and such!

We think about you all the time.

Amy, Scott, and Bennett

PS
Bennett is still making plans for play dates with Carson!
Rachel said…
Each stage has ups and downs--the screaming is definitely a down! The cradling the finally sleeping baby next to your heart is the up part. May you have more of the latter than the former!
Please don't worry about those thank you notes--you've got enough on your hands with Carson!
I can't imagine, either, losing my baby. I hope no one ever tells you how to grieve, or when is the "right" time to go visit Cooper--however you do it is the right way for you. I think of you, Andrew and Carson often.
Have a wonderful, doctor free week and enjoy the Lake!
Love,
Rachel, James and Dash
Hey,
I have been thinking of you often lately. I am so happy he is finally home and that your doctors' reports are good. He is absolutely precious! I hope to meet him one day!!!

Lisa and Will Share
(Rudowitz)