The Night Before

I just spoke with Carson's nurse and the plan is to get him out ASAP tomorrow morning. I must say that I am having mixed emotions about everything. I am so happy, excited, elated, etc to bring home my baby. I'm also a little scared because he is now our responsibility 24/7 and not the nurses who take car of him. And yes, I am also feeling sad. 9 months ago we found out we were having twins and I never imagined not bringing them both home. I imagined this day much differently than it will turn out. So even though tomorrow will be one of the happiest days of our lives, it will also be one of the saddest because we don't have Cooper in our arms with his brother where he belongs.

Thank you everyone for reading our blog and following along with us. I know all of you are just as excited to bring Carson home as we are. I'm not sure I will be able to sleep tonight, although from what I hear I may want to enjoy my last night! We'll let everyone know how tomorrow goes! Happy 4th of July!

Comments

Aunt Suzanne said…
Lauren and Andrew,
Great news that Carson is finally coming home. I am sure you will celebrate July 5 as a special day in years to come.
We can hardly wait to see Carson and all of you, probably in September.
Love, Uncle Lawrence
skillethead said…
Like Christmas in July! Looking forward to seeing the photos at Chez Hess.
Love,
Jeff
Kris Petrelli said…
We will all be waiting for the next post to hear that Carson is finally home where he belongs! Know that Cooper is smiling down on you all as you bring his brother home.

The Petrellis
The Cains said…
Lauren,
WONDERFUL NEWS!!! I hope you're on your way home right now as I'm typing. I know it is such a day of mixed emotion-but God is good. Just rely on him and your strong support system and you guys will come through shining. I'm so excited!!! What a wonderful day!!! Can't wait to see homecoming photos!!
Love,
Megann Bates Cain
Matthew said…
Congratulations, as a stranger I have kept up with your blog and will celebrate in a NICU a long way from yours. Ours just got off the vent for the third time yesterday. I hope to be typing the same notes as you some time in the near future. Best of luck and thanks for letting us follow along with his success.
Rachel said…
Dear Lauren, Andrew and Carson,

Mixed emotions sound just about right. I'm so happy to hear you'll have your little one home, but so sad that his brother isn't with him. All that mixed-up-ed-ness will just keep going--I love Dash with all my heart and can't imagine life without him, but there are times when he makes me want to tear my hear out. I hear tell it goes like this forever (with one very long hair-tearing-out period from ages 13-18 plus or minus a few years.)
You and Andrew are going to do just fine. You won't drop him while going down the stairs, or forget to support his head or any of those other million things we new parents worry about doing. You'll love him and do your best by him and one of these days he's going to fall of the sofa anyways. And he'll be just fine. Like Bryan says, they bounce. :-)

Thinking of all of you--
Rachel, James and Dash