Phew! We Gained Weight

Carson gained 134 grams! That puts him at 4 lbs 12 oz. Now if he would just show more interest in taking the bottle we could come home. They keep telling me that it will just "click" one day and he will start eating. I pray everyday that this will be the day. I got him to eat 37 out of 48 mL but it wasn't easy. He did it though. Keep sending us those prayers and hopefully we will get him home.

I went downstairs to the NICU today to visit all my friends. I could smell the familiar smell as soon as I turned down the hallway. I don't think that smell will ever leave my brain. Same thing with the sounds. I'm not going to miss any of that but I will miss my friends there. I was so glad to see them today. I'll have to get pictures of them so I can let everyone see them. They are all amazing wonderful people!

Comments

nancy said…
Lauren,Andrew and Carson family,
I just learned of your family today. I go to PRUMC Blazers class. My heart goes out to you concerning Cooper and all you have had to experience so young in life. My comfort to you is that my daughter Sydney, is an angel in heaven and I am sure she is holding him in her arms. She died from breast cancer at 30 years of age, never having the chance to have children.Look up at the beautiful blue skies and know they are there together.
Carson is a special name to me cause it goes back in our family.
Nancy
Anonymous said…
We'll take it! We even sort of understand grams here. I know Jeff gets 100 grams of lunchmeat for his sandwich. So, Carson gained more than a lump of lunchmeat for a sandwich! Works for me:-) Love,
Lisa
Bylan said…
It has been a couple of weeks since I have checked in and all I have to say is WAY TO GO CARSON!! You continue to be in my prayers.

Love,
Bylan Lewis
Unknown said…
hey guys! it was great to see you today-i have missed you! i went up to peek at carson today, and like i told you, lauren, he was sound asleep. i didn't bother him, but i hadn't seen him in a week. he is getting so big! maybe if i can sneak up there more often... it was good to see you. come down and see us again if we can't get up there! can't wait to see him go home! see you later!
melinda
Kimberly said…
Hey again, Lauren!

Sounds like Carter is right on track then. Baby steps, baby steps!

Be encouraged. :)

Kimberly
kelleywm said…
Kelley, family and friends checking in here! WOW! Carson is HUGE! Yes, it is a relative huge but boy is he moving in the right direction. Your Scottish Rite friends are asking about your family's progress daily! Grant and Kara have Carson (and Cooper) in their nightly prayers and can't wait to meet Carson in person. Don't worry though, we won't bring them or their childhood germs over until you give us the green light. (I can even get the hospital yellow hazmat suits if it will make Aunt Carol feel more at ease:-) Our love, prayers and support are with you.
Cousin Kelley et al.
Bridget said…
Way to go Carson!!!! You'll be home in no time!
Love,Bridget