Carson's First Bottle

Today Carson finished his first bottle! Andrew got him to drink 30 mL this afternoon and I got him to drink all of it tonight (35 mL)! He now will eat by mouth every third feeding. While we were sitting with him this afternoon Dr. Susskin came by and we were chatting. He finally said, go ahead and ask me the question you really want to know the answer to, so I asked when we can take him home. How did he know that was what I was thinking? He told us Carson has to be able to do 4 things: 1. Eat totally by mouth (almost there) 2. Maintain his body temp (will come with gaining more weight) 3. Weigh at least 1750 grams (already passed that) and 4. Have no medical problems (none that we know of as of now). So from my opinion we are almost there! However his room isn't ready yet so we can use about 2 more weeks. I can't believe there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I really never thought this would happen. Of coarse the day we bring him home will be a little bittersweet. We should be bringing home our twin boys but I have to believe that Cooper is always with us in some way. I pray that he is safe and happy wherever he is and that we will see him again.

Cousin Lins will be here next week so we should have some really good pictures of Carson to share!

Comments

skillethead said…
Great news, guys! It will really be a great day when Carson gets to go home.
Love,
Jeff
Anonymous said…
It's great to get such wonderful news after having been away and out of email (and blog) contact for four days! What great pictures, too! GO CARSON!!!!
Love,
Lisa
The Cains said…
Congrats to you guys!!! This is wonderful news-Carson is making strides everyday!!!! WAY TO GO, CARSON!!!!! I'll continue to keep you all in my thoughts and prayers as you prepare to bring Carson home.
Love
Megann Bates Cain
Bridget said…
Awesome! We can't wait to come and play. The girls and I have picked out some cool gifts for Carson! We can't wait to show him!
Love,Bridget
Sandra said…
I am so glad to hear Carson is doing so good. I know you are counting the days for when you can bring him home. My love to your sweet family and God Bless you. Sandy Powell
What great news! He's a cutie!

Love, Kristen