More Pictures and Cooper's Morning

This morning's report was another good one. Cooper is off his blood pressure medicine! His nurse was able to turn it off this morning around 2:00 am. He was around 2 (50 is the highest he can be) all day yesterday and that was great, but being off of it is even better. He was also on about 28% oxygen and resting comfortably. He is still on schedule to go tomorrow to Scottish Rite. Since his big brother has already had the procedure done I'm not so worried about that, but Cooper will have to have another surgery that is more invasive so that is the one I am scared about. He will have a nice scar to show for, Andrew said at least he's a boy because on boys scars are "cool." Not so cool for mom to have to worry, but we know he is in the best hands at Scottish Rite.
Andrew and I were actually able to leave the house last night because the boys were doing so well. We went to our friends, KC and Renata, housewarming party. They have a beautiful house in Buckhead. We had a great time seeing everyone and just being a normal couple who has twin boys. I was amazed to find out that Renata's grandmother who lives in Brazil even knows about the boys. Again, that made me realize how many people are thinking and praying for our sons. Everyone out there who checks this blog is so special to us, we believe that your prayers have helped get us through some really tough times in the last month. Thank you!


Here are some more pictures of Carson from yesterday. Can you tell how much we adore these boys? As soon as Cooper is all better watch out, this blog will only be pictures. Just wait till cousin Linsey gets here with her camera!

Comments

Rachel said…
What neat pictures! :-) I think Carson looks a little like his maternal grandma--what a cutie! I'm glad to hear good news, and hope that more keeps coming. We just saw Oswell today, and talked about all of you and the boys--you're in everybody's thoughts, and we're all thinking good ones for you.
Love and warm wishes from Ohio,
Rachel, James and Dashiell
Anonymous said…
Yeah, Cooper! Hope your procedures go smoothly and you are back with Carson in a flash. All the sheep in NZ join us in cheering for you. And tell your Daddy he looks great holding Carson. It's good to build up his arm strength; he's gonna need it as you two grow:-)
Love,
Lisa
Glad to hear Cooper is ready for his VAD. Again, please let me know if I can help with anything at Scottish Rite. Good luck!!!

Casey
Great pictures. I read your blog everyday and so do a lot of my friends who are parents. There are a lot of people pulling for your little boys! I think Carson resembles you Lauren, well maybe a little of Andrew in there too (or course). They are both beautiful boys, I can see why you are so proud. Sending wishes your way...
Joelle
Adrienne said…
You're going to need a forklift to pick up their baby photo albums you have so many cute photos. They both look so peaceful! I hope Cooper has a good road trip for his surgery and catches up with Carson soon. Keep those pictures coming!
Lauren,
Thanks so much for your continued updates. I check it quite often and am delighted to see the progress with your boys. You continue to be in our prayers as you proceed through this difficult time.

Love,
betty ann straub
PS: (my name was formerly dubois)
Stephen said…
I'm Allison Solomon's cousin Stephen. I linked to your blog off of hers. My prayers are with you. God will continue to be with you through your trials. I hope your boys continue to improve. God Bless you.
Bridget said…
They are so cute! I am so glad to hear all of the good news. We will keep you all in our thoughts as the surgery goes on. What beautiful, strong boys y'all have!
Love,Bridget