Cooper's Infection

Just as I had said before, I shouldn't get my hopes up based on anything I hear. Today Cooper's infection levels went up again. They were coming down but this morning they were at a level of 15 and they were at a 5 the other day. All of his other lab work looked pretty good so I think he has them confused as to why they went up. It's not like they can ask him where it hurts so it's a guessing game to figure out where the infection is. It's just so frustrating. I was there today when they had his bed open and they were messing with him. He seemed to handle that pretty good. When I left he was snoozing pretty soundly.

Carson was being his normal self which is good to see. I left him with his arms and legs going 100 miles an hour. They increased his feeding again. He gets 15 mL every three hours and he is now almost 3 lbs. Cooper still has some fluid to get rid of, but he looks more like himself every time I go up there.

Hopefully, when I update again Cooper's infection level has gone down...I'll let everyone know.

Comments

Bridget said…
Thanks for the updates. We are following them daily. Keep your chin up! Things will keep moving in the right direction!
Love Ya!
Bridget
Adrienne said…
Clearly Cooper is the quiet trouble-maker you never hear coming. Carson is going to be like Dash from the Incredibles - always going at break-neck speed, arms and legs both! Heck, he's already almost doubled in size!

Thanks for the updates, Cooper will get back in line once the blog-prayer-chain works its magic again!

-A
Anonymous said…
It seems like the not-as-good days are becoming fewer...Hold onto that and know we love you,
Lisa
We are still thinking about you and praying that the boys are getting better.
Kris Petrelli said…
I don't know how you find the time and energy to do all you are doing and keep us up-to-date, but we are grateful. I know those boys have the War Eagle spirit and Tiger blood running through their veins, so they are strong. Hang in there and keep the faith.

Kris, Chris, Brian, and Brett
Aunt Suzanne said…
It is so great to see less swelling on Carson, and the pacifier. I still think of him looking for the silky edge of a blanket, and only finding the tubes! Wow, 3 pounds is just so exciting, and so much progress. Thanks for letting is know about that. We are all waiting for the day when Cooper is off antibiotics. Two small thumbs up! Love, Aunt Suzanne
skillethead said…
Hey Lauren,
Thanks for the updates. The women on this blog are so much better than I at being encouraging and supportive! I really enjoy reading their comments.
Please know that my emotions go up and down with the boys' progress (although I might not always express it as well) and that we all are really eager to see each new posting.
Love,
Jeff