Cooper's Busy Day

One thing you never want to see as you walk in to the NICU is a bunch of people surrounding your baby's bed. I have had to see that a few times now, and it is NOT fun. Every day when I round the corner I hold my breath waiting to see if there are people working on one of my boys. Today was one of those days. As soon as I walked in heads turned to look at me. Dr. Leigh was working on Cooper. It makes them look so tiny when all of the people are surrounding them with spotlights. He looked like a little doll. Anyway, what they were doing actually wasn't anything to be worried about and Cooper handled it all very well. Poor little guy was paralyzed with his eyes wide open. Dr. Leigh was drawing the fluid off of his head. He felt like it was getting to be too much and he still is not stable enough to go have the VAD put in like Carson. I keep telling Andrew that these two will never have to get in trouble when they come home, they have had enough! All they will get is love and kisses. We'll see how long that feeling lasts once they get bigger, but for now that is the plan.

Carson is doing better. He was back to his old self this afternoon when I took his temp and changed his diaper. Arms and legs going everywhere. He is back on his feedings. He looks like he is getting some fat on him. He weighs over 3 lbs now. They haven't weighed Cooper recently but I'm sure he is less than Carson since he still his not getting milk. Hopefully that will be soon once his infection level goes down. They still are not quite sure what is making him show he has an infection which is a bit frustrating. They did an ultrasound of Coopers abdomen yesterday looking for something but it all looks normal???? Who knows what is causing this.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm so glad that the group around Cooper was for something relatively minor. My heart was in my throat as I started to read your blog entry today, although I'm certain it was nowhere near what you felt as you rounded the corner. I admire your strength so much! Thank you for keeping this blog going for the rest of us. Personally, I think Cooper is just letting Carson know that he may be younger, but he IS going to be heard! I hope the procedure today helps. Much love, Lisa
skillethead said…
You should tell Cooper that he doesn't have to go to school today anyway. I'm thinking this could be a direct pass through of some of your Dad's genes.
Love,
Uncle Jeff
Unknown said…
Good job today boys!!! I am soooo proud of you guys (including Mom and Dad!!). You are all doing a fantastic job hanging in there. I hope they behave over the next 2 days. See you later.
Melinda
april shafer said…
I'm so glad that what was happening this morning was relatively minor for Cooper. I know you were relieved. Whew. I am glad that Carson is getting a little fat on him. When I meet them I want to pinch their little fat legs, they'll both be fat and happy by that time! I will keep praying for them, especially that Cooper's infection will go AWAY!!

Love, april