Carson's at Scottish Rite

Well, we made it to our spot at Scottish Rite this afternoon. Today around 11:30 am the EMT came in to Gwinnett with what looked like a preemie stretcher and took Carson out for his first (and I pray only) ambulance ride. Grandpa Greg and I drove ahead of the ambulance so that I didn't have to watch him as we drove over. I was there as soon as they came off of the elevator and wheeled him in. His wonderful nurse from Gwinnett, Lisa, said he did a good job and we were glad she was with him for the ride.

He is now settled in his spot and resting comfortably. We met with the PA to Dr. Reisener and the doctor himself. The actual procedure will only take about 20 minutes but with prep time it will take about an hour. The doctor also calmed my nerves by telling me that he knows doctors, athletes, etc with the excact same devices that Carson will have. He was extremely reassuring, however I'm sure I will be a nervous wreck!

Aunt Megan's friend, Kim Enfield, was in the NICU and able to keep an eye on him for us today. Cousin Kelly has already spoken with the doctor and I know think everyone knows how special the Hess boys are over at Scottish Rite. I must say that we were very impressed with the NICU, it's an extremely nice unit. But, I will feel much better when we are back at "home" in Gwinnett Medical next to his brother.

Cooper was doing OK today. His platlettes were really low this morning but were coming up this afternoon. He is still pretty swollen again from being pumped full of fluids. They are still narrowing in on his infection and we are moving in the right direction. Thanks to the two Grandma's and Grandpa Phil, Cooper is covered and I can be with Carson and know Cooper is in good hands. Andrew and I are SO lucky to have our families around to help us out!

Carson will go in tomorrow around 9:30 am. Keep both the boys in your prayers and thoughts tomorrow! I'll let everyone know how the day goes...

Comments

skillethead said…
Hi Lauren,

Please let the boys' fans know as soon as you have word!

Love,
Jeff
Adrienne said…
Children's will take good care of both of your boys, but what a pain to have them split up one at a time like that. I have to admit, I already had a mental image of a teeny, clown-car sized ambulance so your description of the stretcher made it even better!

Sounds like Carson is in procedure right about now, so I'll send some positive mojo your way. Let us know how it goes!

-adrienne
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lauren and Andrew,
We are all so happy that everything went well with Carsen today. Maybe the boys are preparing you both for the day they go to two seperate colleges. We are also sending special good thoughts to Cooper!
Hugs and Kisses,
Aunt Linda, Uncle Stan, Jon, and Lindsey
Anonymous said…
Dear Lauren and Andrew,

I've asked all 40 million sheep here in NZ to send happy, warm woolly, thoughts to Carson today. I'm adding mine!

Much love,
Lisa