Carson Graduated

I came in to the NICU this morning and noticed that Carson's name was not written in his usual spot. The nurse at the front desk told me they had moved him to "C"!!! That is where the babies go when they are getting ready to go home. They just feed and grow. He was also put on a low flow nasal canula. What wonderful surprises! Now we are just waiting for him to be put in to an open bed so we can always look at him and touch him. He just needs to gain a few more grams to do that.

I hope everyone had a good Memorial Day weekend. Andrew and I were able to get to the lake for Sunday and Monday. The grandmas stayed with Carson so we didn't have to worry about him. It was nice to be up there and relax some.

Some of you have been asking about the donations to the NICU in Cooper's name. We are working on setting something up so that the money is directly for the NICU. I will let everyone know as soon as it is ready.

New pictures of Carson can be seen at my cousin's website. If you go to www.farroh.com and scroll down to Carson's link you can see her work. She got some wonderful pictures. You can also see Carson's cousin Tyler, what a cutie he is. It must run in the family! I'll post them as soon as I load them on my computer.

Comments

skillethead said…
Yea!! Great news! Good on ya, Carson!
Jeff
Anonymous said…
What great news! The sheep here are frolicking in Carson's honour!
Love, Lisa
Kris Petrelli said…
What amazing, wonderful pictures and news! Keep up the good work, Carson!!

The Petrellis
Rachel said…
Thanks for sharing about the memorial, and the new pictures of Carson. Thanks to Linsey, too, for posting her work! Carson looks so much bigger now--how wonderful that he's moved out of the NICU!

Love to all of you--
Rachel, James and Dash
Unknown said…
What amazing news about Carson. We cannot wait to see him, he is such a cutie :)
Renata
Aunt Suzanne said…
Hip, hip, hooray! Can you hear the parade music around the world? We are saving our best tunes for Carson's trip to his own crib in Dacula. What sweet music. We all really hope that you are just about at the top of that huge moutain you have been climbing and that the downhill part starts soon. For sure you will NOW be able to catch your breath, although you may not be able to sleep as well!!!
With happiness, and cheering. Strike up the band!
Love, Aunt Suzanne and Uncle Lawrence
Unknown said…
Yay! So glad to hear Carson's doing so well.
Adrienne said…
I really love the photo of all three of you with you in the striped chair and the one to the right of it. Very sweet. Great news to hear they've "stepped him down" to feeder and grower status. I can't wait for you to take him home with you!

Also, I don't want to alarm you... but are you aware that there seems to be a flock of sheep stalking your family?

I think that the transportation complications of moving a flock from NZ will protect you from harm, but I just thought you should be aware... :-)

Love, Adrienne
The Cains said…
Lauren and Andrew,
These photos are GORGEOUS!!!! I can't believe how wonderful and big and happy he is!! You are both such strong parents. I'm glad you were able to get away a little this weekend-I hope God has given you the peace that passes all understanding. You all continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.
Love, Megann Bates Cain
tennis said…
Carson I hope you know this is the only time your parents will be happy to have you go from a "B" to "C".
I hope everyone out there gets a chance to meet this little boy. He is growing strong and healthy and I know his little brother gave him his strength and they will always have a connection.
Stephee said…
Lauren,
I just took a look at the pics. They are WONDERFUL! That's great he's moved out of the NICU. He is so adorable. I know you cannot wait to bring him home.
Y'all are always in my thoughts!!!

Love,
Stephanie Ryan Retherford
Betsy said…
What terrific news! I love the pictures of Carson!

Thinking of you and your family daily!

~Betsy
That is just wonderful news and those pictures are beautiful!

Love,
Kristen