Update on Carson

After a very long stressful day Carson seems to be doing a little bit better. We went back up to the hospital around 6:00 pm to find the two Grandma's in their rocking chairs next to the boys. We're so lucky to have family near by who can just be there with them when Andrew and I are physically and emotionally exhausted.

Carson was moving around more and even grabbing on to my fingers and opening his eyes, which he hasn't done for us yet! Whereas this morning he was not responsive at all. I at least got to leave the hospital with a little hope that he was starting to do a little better. It's still hard to leave them at all, but I know they are in the best care where they are. It's even harder to go to bed and wake up wondering what kind of report we will hear in the morning.

Cooper is still holding his own. He was really wiggling around a lot. He was playing with his big toes which was so cute. Andrew got to massage some cream on his toes and I think he liked it. Nothing better than a massage from dad. He's still a little swollen from being paralyzed but not as much. More so in his chest from laying flat. The nurses have told us that both boys have the sweetest little faces in the whole NICU. I must say I agree with them.

Comments

Adrienne said…
Geez I leave town for a couple days and look at all I missed! I'm back on my daily check-in schedule. I'm glad the boys are doing better and hope they stay that way. Every day is a victory for someone so tiny, and they're working so hard to grow. Some day we'll be amazed they were ever so small.

Isn't it amazing how strong those teeny, tiny hands are!!? I'm always amazed by baby strength!

Good luck keeping baby toys away from Bo - she looks tall enough to reach all the toy shelves to me!
TLEWIS said…
JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW THAT EVERYONE - AND I DO MEAN EVERYONE IS PULLING FOR THESE PRECIOUS LITTLE BOYS. (I BELONG TO YOUR MOM'S TENNIS TEAM AND ALL OF US SENIOR GRANDMAS KNOW THAT THEY'RE BOUND TO HAVE INHERITED SOME OF HER "FIGHTING" SPIRIT! I HEAR IT RUNS IN THE FAMILY! THANKS FOR KEEPING US POSTED. PRAYERS ARE ABOUNDING!
Hi, Lauren. Kristen McCord sent your website out to a bunch of people from high school so we can all be thinking and praying for you. Your boys are precious and I am so inspired by your courage. I hope you continue to have good days with your new family and that they will get to join you at home sooner than you think. I'm praying for you all.
Love,
Shelton Steele Martin
Bridget said…
Glad to hear the boys are doing better. I wanted to share a cute story with you...yesterday, the girls and I were playing out in the yard. After a short while of wandering in the tall grass alone, Isabelle came to me with a small handful of tiny yellow flowers. She said, "Here mommy, these are for Carson and Cooper so they feel better." Just wanted you to know that we really are all thinking of you every day...even the littlest of us!

Love and good thoughts...Bridget
We wanted you both to know that we haven't stopped praying for you and your precious boys!! We have friends of friends, and co-workers and extended family praying for Carson & Cooper. These boys are fighters and we believe in them, everyone does
Love to ALL of you,
Casey