Doing about the same

Not too much to report since the last time I updated the site. Carson and Cooper are doing about the same as they were. Cason is off of his blood pressure meds for now, but today his numbers were high for some reason. He is still wiggling around in his little snugglie. I changed his diaper today and he stretched his arms and legs out. They are so long! I wonder who he got that from. He is also opening both of his eyes more to look at us. It's really cute.

Cooper is much less swollen now. He looks like he is half of the size he was in the last pictures we took of him. Poor guy had to have another line put in his head for meds and stuff because his arm was still too puffy to find a vein. He is now breathing on a setting of his vent that allows him to breathe over it more. We're working his lungs and making them strong.

It's still really hard for me to go in and see them both on the vents and hooked up to all those wires. I broke down a little bit today while I was in there. I just keep wondering why this has happened to us? A friend told me yesterday that God wouldn't give me any more than I can handle but I'm not so sure I can handle all of this. I go in every day holding my breath. Andrew is doing a good job of looking at the positive side of things which helps me, but I am still just waiting for bad news about either of the boys. I know that I need to stop doing that but it's hard when all you have heard is bad. I'm so worried about their futures that I can't focus on what is going on right now. I'm so angry that my boys have to go through all of this. I can only hope and pray that they will go strong and healthy and never remember any of this part of their lives.

Comments

Bridget said…
They won't remember a thing! You are doing a wonderful job. You have really been so strong through all of this,and I know you will continue to make it. I am truly amazed at how well you and Andrew have been working through all this. Don't worry about the future...it will always be there. Just try to focus on the things you can see and control today. Just keep loving those boys, talking to them, touching them, and letting them know that you're fighting right alongside them. They may not ever remember all this, but they will always know and remember the feeling of being loved. You have lots of family and friends to look to for love and support.
We'll keep praying for the best!
Love Ya!
Bridget
Aunt Suzanne said…
Lauren and Andrew, your emotions are totally understandable. It must feel as if you are climbing Mout Everest right now. Remember that there are hundreds of "sherpas" behind you wanting to do anything we can to help you get to the top so we can all enjoy the downward trek. Because the boys are small, their progress is small. I believe they know when the two of you, or any of the regular visitors come to talk and coo to them, hold them, or even change their diapers. They probably also recognize the amazingly talented individuals who care for them regularly at the hospital. We all care for the boys and you so very much. With love and healing prayers, Aunt Suzanne
skillethead said…
About the same days are probably good days for the boys. It's good to see you release a little of that pent up frustration and anxiety! We're back sending good thoughts from kiwi land.

Love,
Uncle Jeff and Aunt Lisa
Unknown said…
Hey guys! I wasn't there today, but I have been thinking of you. You guys are doing great and the boys know that. Like I have said before, they are little fighters and they have so many people backing them up. I completely understand anger, frustration, sadness, worriedness, and the other things you are going through. Please let me know if you need anything. I have requested at least one of the boys, if not both, this weekend. I am on all weekend and Monday, too. (you think they are sick of me yet?) I hope you are all doing well. See you then!
Love,
Melinda
Anonymous said…
Dear Lauren and Andrew,

We had a great visit/conference in the States, but it's good to be home in NZ. I wish we could have had time to come see you and the boys. I hope next time... For now, we'll keep that chain of love going all the way around the world. I know my class will be anxious to hear the update on Monday and they will continue to send their prayers, too.

Jeff and I love you so much and we admire your strength. You're doing great.

Love,
Lisa
Ann Lankford said…
Lauren, you are amazing to take time out of your days to keep all of us informed about Carson and Cooper. It helps me as well as everyone I'm certain when they need those extra prayers for us to get busy for added support. You and Andrew stay strong and continue to lean on each other.It is okay to wonder why these things happen. We are not always given reasons and answers why. Challenges in life do make us stronger.
We will keep all of you in our prayers.
Love,
Ann
Elliot Hess said…
Andrew and Lauren, my thoughts and prayers are with your family. I hope you know how much I care, and understand that this must be a difficult time. My love, positivity, and prayers wish warmth and support for the four of you.
Elliot
emma said…
DEAR LAUREN AND ANDREW I AM NOW
LOGGED IN FOR FUTURE MESSAGES.I`M ALWAYS THINKING AND PRAYING FOR YOU AND THE BOYS.YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ARE DOING A VERY GOOD JOB! LOVE GRAM/GREAT GRAM XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
The Bendingers said…
Lauren & Andrew,
I know this is so tough, but I pray and believe that it will get better. One day these little boys will be strong, healthy, vibrant young men and all this will be a distant memory for you. A friend of mine told her about her twin nieces that were in the same situation as Cooper & Carson when they were born, but now they are 9 or 10 years old and doing wonderful. They are perfectly healthy. Cooper & Carson will get there....just hang in there. It isn't fair, but God isn't going to give you more than you can handle. You'll get through it. We'll keep praying!

Love you,
Nancy